UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello

Old 15-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
nik_the_brief

I bought a 600 as my first 'proper' bike adn after a couple of years was gutted that I'd not gone for the 900 so I flogged it and bought a '95 900 from someone on here. They were like different bikes so I think you made the right choice matey.
Old 15-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
perkles

i did 150 miles on it yesterday,it ran faultlessly for an old girl
does anybody know the paint code for the gold frame
Old 16-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by perkles View Post
i did 150 miles on it yesterday,it ran faultlessly for an old girl
does anybody know the paint code for the gold frame
I think it's called Bronze Satin http://www.rsbikepaint.com/en-gb/sho...e=15039&424=on
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
Nev

Hi all,

New to the site and Dukes in general, looking to learn from experienced monster owners and hopefully make some pals along the way. Been a bike nut from birth and under wife's orders and to make way for little legs sadly got rid of my Ninja 5 years ago. Always wanted a Duke but never actually bought one and been suffering for years- until now ! Wife hit the roof but I don't care, my 2012 M1100 evo aside from my kid is the most beautifully thing I've ever seen and I'm like a kid at Christmas at the moment. Only had her out twice but love the agility, sound, ride position and torque. Only problem is at low revs she's difficult and on the verge of stalling (jumpy and rough) which is a concern when cornering at low speed. had a couple of false neautrals and missed gears upshifting but other than that i love the bike over 3000 rpm I'm hoping this is a trait of the engine and not a problem with my bike and just a trait I'll get used to with a little clutch over time. Any experienced advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Nev
Old 15-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
Flip

Bike: M900
Hi Nev....

I think this thread might help you:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=47415

I can't comment on your bike through experience as I have an old 900 but another thing worth thinking about it is that all Ducati's are massively over geared to help get through drive by noise emission tests and so it will also help to lower the gearing a little and I think Ducati may do a smaller front sprocket for this purpose.

But personally I would always go up on the rear (although it's a little more hassle to do which is why Ducati may not offer it that way round) as going smaller on the front reduces the clearance over the swing arm thus giving your chain guide a tough time and if the chain is allowed to get too slack it may touch elsewhere too.
Old 15-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
Nev

Hi Flip

Thanks for your advise I will have a nosey at the link provided. Reading up the high gearing is becoming an obviouse cause of the issue I'm experiencing and drive ability problems at low speed.

Ta very much
Old 16-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
perkles

I really struggled with the gearbox yesterday but put it down to being rusty on a bike