UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Would it be ok to post a link to a survey here please?

Old 05-08-2009, 03:37 PM   #31
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbaldry View Post
ooh, whats that on the floor? oh wait, its the 696/1100 teddies on the floor! :P
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #32
giler

Filled in and pic sent.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #33
walpole68

i might fill it in anyway and just pretend !!
Old 05-08-2009, 04:09 PM   #34
neilbaldry

Hey Walpole, the revolution starts here!
Old 05-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #35
walpole68

Quote:
Hey Walpole, the revolution starts here!
Just remember after the dust settles we are monster owners ! new,old,air cooled,watercooled.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:33 PM   #36
neilbaldry

And you remember Walpole! With an avatar like mine, you cant take me seriously!
Old 05-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #37
walpole68

Quote:
And you remember Walpole! With an avatar like mine, you cant take me seriously!
i dont take any thing seriously
Old 05-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #38
neilbaldry

Quote:
Originally Posted by walpole68 View Post
i dont take any thing seriously
Well obviously, you bought one of those horrid 1100 thingys! bwaaaaah! only joshing!
Old 10-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #39
TWO_Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedown View Post
will you be doing the same for water cooled monsters
It's certainly a possibility but not 100%.

We've had a good response to this survey now. I'm really sorry we excluded the 696 and 1100 - you can only group so many machines together or the results start to become meaningless.

Thanks again to everyone.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #40
Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO_Review View Post
A survey on the air cooled Ducati Monster models up to 2007 (so that's pretty much every Monster EXCEPT the S4, S4R, 696 and 1100 I think!). We'd like to include them all but there's too much diversity to do it all in one hit.

It's for an article we do in Two Wheels Only (TWO) magazine each month called 'The TWO Review', always based on owners' responses to the survey.

It's fairly short - about 20 questions, fast to fill in and doesn't ask for any personal or sensitive data.

It's a chance to get your opinions and photos in the magazine for those who'd like that. We know these are great bikes but we'd love to hear more about them from the people who know them best - the owners.

We're also organising a prize to be given to one person who fills in the survey, chosen at random. The prize is not finalized yet. We could mention this website in the article too if you wanted.

So... would it be ok to post a link here please?
Why do journalists always want everyone else to do their work for them and then give almost nothing in return?
Old 10-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #41
Pomp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Why do journalists always want everyone else to do their work for them and then give almost nothing in return?
Because is a "owners based survey"?
Old 10-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #42
Diego

Hope its not too late!! Whats the cut off date for this?

Piccy send and questions answered
Old 10-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #43
mad_turnips

Quote:
I'm really sorry we excluded the 696 and 1100
dont worry no one important minds
Old 10-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #44
Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomp1 View Post
Because is a "owners based survey"?
So what's the prize then?

Might be better if they made a real effort and visited a few owners, took them out to dinner, interviewed them and then rewarded them in some significant way.

In reality they just want to fill their Rag each month at the lowest possible cost with the minimum possible effort.

What better way than to get a few gullible, proud owners to do their work for them - Tossers
Old 10-08-2009, 04:09 PM   #45
Pomp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO_Review View Post

We're also organising a prize to be given to one person who fills in the survey, chosen at random. The prize is not finalized yet. We could mention this website in the article too if you wanted.

So... would it be ok to post a link here please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
So what's the prize then?

Might be better if they made a real effort and visited a few owners, took them out to dinner, interviewed them and then rewarded them in some significant way.

In reality they just want to fill their Rag each month at the lowest possible cost with the minimum possible effort.

What better way than to get a few gullible, proud owners to do their work for them - Tossers
If a stranger walks up to the bike and asks me advice because he wants to get a Monster, I'll give him advice for free, not expecting anything in return,if a journo does the same I'll fill a form, attach some pics and send them back, no probs, not expecting anything back. It may do good to the club and the owners ultimately, wouldn't it?
And I don't think all those that have answered the appeal are gullible owners, I mean, as far I understand the whole UKMOC is run on a non-profit basis, so if we are here we should conform to this choice..
And fair play to them for asking politely first, as many others have pointed out