UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » Front suspension s2r1k

Old 06-12-2017, 09:07 AM   #1
fim

Front suspension s2r1k

So, after having sorted the exhaust and rear suspension on my S2R, I think it's time to tackle another big item on the todo list. Given that replacing the tank isn't something I have full control over (can't justify paying full price for a tank so I'm just waiting for a right candidate to appear on ebay or one of the forums), I thought I'd do something about the front suspension.

I think i'd rather do the whole thing at once so no revalving/respringing. I've had a look at what's available that's a drop in replacement for the bike and I've found out the following two candidates:

* Andreani cartridge ~ 450GBP
* Mupo R-EVOlution cartridge ~ 850GBP

However, I couldn't find a lot of reviews or opinions on either of those pieces of kit so I'm wondering if anyone in here has them on their bikes and can comment on performance/build quality and vfm (mupo is double the money of andreani). Also are there any other companies that do kits that are drop-in replacements for the S2R and I should look at? I've seen mentions of Matris and Axxion but I haven't found any concrete details regarding models/availability/pricing etc.

And finally, I'd appreciate any recommendations for a technician/workshop in or around London who can fit/setup the cartridges on the bike.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Personally I’d use MCT in Stowmarket, Suffolk (if I didn’t fell like doing them myself) Pretty sure you could get Nitron or KTech cartridges to suit.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:11 PM   #3
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
I don't know if they fit S2R? but I have k-tech internals in my Monster (916 Showa) forks and they are a big improvement over the original setup.

Cost significantly less than your mentioned options too...

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:23 PM   #4
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Following a great deal of recommendations here and elsewhere, I'm going to have mine redone by Maxton. Worth a look? http://www.maxtonsuspension.co.uk/files/home-road.html

They are also nearby!