UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » He11cats M600

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #11
He11cat

I know not to mix acrylic and 2k paints ..big bubbly peely messes!!

No this is a very faint crazing.. but enough to show..you can dust anything over the top and suddenly in front of your eyes you get a tiny patch of crazing..

Im quite a careful person.. it took me weeks to get to last stage as I was so over fussy and careful..
There is an odd chemical reaction going on somewhere.. not as drastic as you'd get with the above but there just the same.. im now back to priming and even then I am getting this problem only little bits but if the base isnt right it will go right through the paint.

so I am dusting a tiny bit of primer over the fairing watching for the crackle then stripping it right back again.. then spray a fine coat again to see if it comes back again I have got to keep doing this until what ever it is has been sanded off... its a mare..

And no I am not spraying to much on..
I am no expert I just enjoy painting anything except decorating lol..

I suspect it was a reaction between the final top coat of clear and flake and either paint or clear and laquer..
I think wrong laquer.. although the nossel was faulty..

I asked for a clear laquer for the mix of paint I got and they said we don't do it.. this is what we have been using for bikes... hmmmmm...

Any way nothing I can do except work away eliminating the problem.. ie sanding back spray and watch.. if reacts go back to plastic again...