UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Insuring My S4R

Old 25-01-2006, 08:10 AM   #16
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
stop being a student then!
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 09:00 AM   #17
Pugi

Oh yes...good point. If I cease to study I will drive a lot safer.
Tell me C...what do I have to get the same quote as a 'little old lady'?

Insurance companies in this country are a sad parody of themselves, I cannot understand why there hasn't been an uprising yet. No other country has as insurance companies and as many ads everywhere for them. The market is clearly over exploited and quotes to high. The idea is to share the risk of the cost of an accident...instead the companies make silly money and people are shy to make claims since it'll bring their quote up to unreasonable levels.
Old 25-01-2006, 10:15 AM   #18
Gee

You pay how much, Why?
You either have to be a really bad hooligan that keeps getting caught, or your bikes worth one hell of a lot of kyte?
Who are you Eddie Kid!!?
Old 25-01-2006, 10:17 AM   #19
Gee

Sorry, Pugi Kid.
Old 25-01-2006, 10:52 AM   #20
Pugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee
Who are you ?
27 y/o student. No NCB, license held a year.
I still have no convictions or claims/mishaps and a garage in a good area next to my house, also an alarm which gives me the maximum discount.
I'm not sure if they discriminate me for being a foreign male with no income, but they probably do. However plod can't nick me license since it's not british. *"Breaking the law" playing furiously*

And I shopped around a fair bit to get such a good quote. I was getting as bad as £5-600 up to no quote.
Old 25-01-2006, 11:04 AM   #21
Scotty

well if it makes you feel any better
im paying £468 at 28 years 3 ncb ? for a S4 with one or two black marks agains me though

and im sure someone pays more than that banshee maybe ? serial offender
Old 25-01-2006, 05:12 PM   #22
claicerrig

Age 43

01 s4 with £7500 of Extras declared

Bennets £270 fc lasDec
Now with Carol Nash £150 inc breadown and Driver leagal protection with the same company as Bennets
Old 25-01-2006, 05:43 PM   #23
A Yerbury

sue them until they bleed and their childrens children bleed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugi
Oh yes...good point. If I cease to study I will drive a lot safer.
Tell me C...what do I have to get the same quote as a 'little old lady'?

Insurance companies in this country are a sad parody of themselves, I cannot understand why there hasn't been an uprising yet. No other country has as insurance companies and as many ads everywhere for them. The market is clearly over exploited and quotes to high. The idea is to share the risk of the cost of an accident...instead the companies make silly money and people are shy to make claims since it'll bring their quote up to unreasonable levels.
very true, on the continent there are less companies and lower policies, the industry in France just seems more...hmmm, grown up?! none of this quote me happy bull****.

I am with Axa...who in this country insure pets I believe? woof etc.

Why would Charlotte "k" know about little old lady policies? she is not that old is she? err are you? ck..how old are you?

A.xyz.
Old 25-01-2006, 06:04 PM   #24
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
older than you AY

but you digress from the thread......

Insurance costs: the bane of most law abiding road users
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 06:10 PM   #25
A Yerbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK & AK
older than you AY

but you digress from the thread......

Insurance costs: the bane of most law abiding road users
Possibly the bane of non law abiding road users too? its called big business and capitalism, they throw people over barrels and have a little dance when they find the wallet? then use the old if everyone played fair line.

Yours exploding parliment.
A.x

ps.not that much older surely? :insert dirty smily here etc:
Old 25-01-2006, 06:46 PM   #26
Pugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Yerbury
very true, on the continent there are less companies and lower policies, the industry in France just seems more...hmmm, grown up?! none of this quote me happy bull****.

I am with Axa...who in this country insure pets I believe? woof etc.
A.xyz.
I believe to have seen your bike with french registration. Am I correct, and do you insure it in France?
Old 25-01-2006, 06:57 PM   #27
A Yerbury

Quote:
I believe to have seen your bike with french registration. Am I correct, and do you insure it in France?

I tend not to discuss my earnings, family members with serious illness, friends recently departed or other bureaucratic/mr taxman type things on the ukmoc....its technical!....but yes, possibly.

A.x
Old 25-01-2006, 10:58 PM   #28
Darry

You guys have it so good

Monster 620Sie (first bike) ... Age 33... licence held 2.5 years... Location Putney(London)... 3 claims £1900,£1800 and £4,500 (write off) in first two years... insurance now £1700!!! (fully comp)

Beat That!

Darry.
Old 25-01-2006, 11:02 PM   #29
Pugi

But hey Darren...you live in London and have been looking for refunds a whole 3 times times...
Old 25-01-2006, 11:14 PM   #30
Darry

Quote:
But hey Darren...you live in London and have been looking for refunds a whole 3 times times...
Pugi, I agree with your point but what annoys me is that none of these accident were my fault and I couldn't claim from anyone

Here goes...

Claim 1: Hit Diesel

Claim 2: 2 x 15 yr old girls walked out in front of me on the Mall (where the queen lives) when the light was green in my favour. They were busy talking and didn't look!! It was either them or te bike... I'm too nice.

Claim 3: Bike parked in street, hit and run (no witnesses), hit so hard from right side that the side- stand pulled away from the engine casing with part of engine casing still attached!!

On the bright side it only takes 25 minutes to get from Putney (Home) to near Tower Bridge (Work), underground takes over 1 hour!

... and fingers crossed, if I get to March accident free, I'll be getting my first ever years no claims!

Last edited by Darry; 25-01-2006 at 11:19 PM..