UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Madhatters Monster - Trashed - Help!

Old 24-08-2004, 05:34 PM   #31
madhatter
Gold Member

Bike: S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Yerbury
dont you mean that your boots are a complete "white off" a ha ha ha ha........not terribly funny at all in fact............or paint them all white and from far of you will look like you have a pair of "alpinestars white smx" boots, at a fraction of the price!?
Alex, you've got a wicked sense of humour.. :lol: :lol: ...when are you leaving the UK? Maybe I should pop up for that brew before you bugger off to sunnier lands!
madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2004, 06:36 PM   #32
A Yerbury

you say the sweetest things steven@siemens. pop up any time for a drinking and making each other laugh situation. I am about to do that right now as I have a chum up from londres from back in the days. leaving end of sept. Normandy not that sunny but the cheeses are good, the ladies sound lovely and the vin n'est pas trop cher.
adieu.
Old 24-08-2004, 07:50 PM   #33
Little Monster

Madhatter - not advice, just a comment - would get struck off for giving any dodgy advice.....

what are your boots made of that they are more screwed than the bike. soak them in something potent. they'll probably survive it.
Old 24-08-2004, 08:03 PM   #34
madhatter
Gold Member

Talking Yeah.....Right!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Monster
Madhatter - not advice, just a comment - would get struck off for giving any dodgy advice..... ...
This from somebody who made a libelous comment about me being a pimp!!
Now my Monnie is silver & Gold and black and white...a sort of italian Michael Jackson...thanks anyway for your comments (not advice), they were useful.
Old 24-08-2004, 08:15 PM   #35
Little Monster

pimp
Old 24-08-2004, 08:59 PM   #36
Scotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Monster
what are your boots made of that they are more screwed than the bike. soak them in something potent. they'll probably survive it.
Chloroform its wonderful

errm no dont do that
Old 25-08-2004, 06:49 AM   #37
madhatter
Gold Member

Talking Madhatter's Monnie - Back In One Piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty
Chloroform its wonderful.....
Scotty.....you really are begining to frighten me....

Got home after work yesterday and began trying to make a motorbike out of the frame, wheels and engine that sits in my backyard. To help keep me inspired with this, it continued to pi55 down for the next hour and a half.

Well, everything that was taken off and cleaned (fairing, lights, clocks, indicators, mudguard, bellypan, tank, seat, seat cowl, tea-tray, rear light, indicators, number plate and reflector, hugger, exhaust guards, side panels, exhaust cans) is now bolted back on the Monnie and it doesn't look that bad....a bit more TLC with some cleaner and polish and it should be ok (except tyres and some of the engine).

Thanks to everyone for their advice and support, my soul is slowing moving on the road to repair!