UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Ducati Aylesbury

Old 20-09-2005, 08:42 PM   #31
Vman

I brought my S4R at Pegasus Reading.

Got it for a good price, got qouted silly money by them for the 600 mile service, though F`that and went to Daytona, they did it for £60.00

I think I got lucky somehow, but thats what I paid.

Did I mention, I sold the S4R a 3 months ago for £7500.

Get them new (at the time) for £6499.00 :burnout:

Who`s a happy boy?
Old 20-09-2005, 09:17 PM   #32
JMo

Fixed schedule/prices for servicing

Just for info for all you whinging types out there (and I include myself in that group x) - a friend in the know informs me that Ducati UK recently specified to dealers exactly what should be done at the 600 mile service, and the labour involved means the recommended cost of this will amount to around £200 (and that most dealers will charge this as a flat fee now).

Now some dealers may still incorporate the cost of this into any deal you strike on a new bike, but he said to be weary of anyone who charges a lot less for the first service - in the past some dealers may have only changed the oil and filter and kicked it back out the door, hoping everything else would be alright... he recommends you make sure you get the worksheet showing you everything has been done - and afterall, you've got another 5,400 miles to go before then next one x

xxx
Old 22-09-2005, 07:38 PM   #33
Rockhopper

Presumably the originator of this thread has now contacted the dealer and tried to sort the problem out. Perhaps he could post up the details of what happened?
Old 26-09-2005, 08:35 PM   #34
Orfink69

Update

Well it would seem that my initial venting of anti-dealer rage has started something here..... oh well, that could never be a bad thing.

In answer to Rockhopper, and my apologies for the delay, I did contact Aylesbury following my shock of the bill for the first service.

It would appear that Aylesbury's computer system will not only add up the cost of the parts and labour to give a total but will also take a total and then make up the bit in the middle Yeh right and I'm married to the queen of sheba.

Having discussed this with a number of people in the motor industry, both two and four wheel, it would appear that this is industry talk for " we've got your money now p**** off and bug someone else".

And there was me thinking that my business was valuable.

There is a happy ending to all of this though. Tony at Duke Wolves has agreed to take my pride and joy under his wing for some slight mods over the winter period and for longer term maintenance requirements, and for when any more bits decide to drop off

It also means when it's time to add to the Ducati family Aylesbury won't see a penny of my hard earned money.

I work in the service industry and learned a long time ago to value all of your customers and treat them fair... otherwise :burnout:
Old 27-09-2005, 07:52 AM   #35
DAservice

Hi all,

here at Ducati Aylesbury thought it might be useful to add our input to this sorry tale.

The main complaint seems to be over the cost of the first service. As others have pointed out, the charge is in line with Ducati UK service pricing and represents their full service schedule, which we adhere to strictly.

Any suggestion that we have not carried out the full first service schedule is one that we strongly refute.

We do not hide our service costs, and again, as a few have mentioned, we charge the full amount for first service, which partly reflects the good deals that we do in our sales department. Nobody expects to get everything on the cheap, surely?

As it happens, the software that we use, "price seeks". This means that if the menu price is £220, the system allocates an amount to each chargeable item on the invoice, to make this total.
1st service labour comes up as free (it is not chargeable on some of our other franchises), so all of the cost is allocated to oil and filter, which are the only chargeable items according to the system.
This explains the very expensive oil.
When I myself, do a Ducati 1st service invoice, I enter a figure for the labour, to stop it doing this. The outcome is the same however.

We are not telling you to p*** off, or suggesting that you may have royal tendancies in Sheba at all. We are telling the truth. If you would like to pop in anytime, i'd be very happy to show you how it works or perhaps show you a few other invoices. A full copy of the service schedule is always available also, so that you can see exactly what your hard earned money is spent on.

We would like to apologise for not cleaning the excess chain lubricant off your bike following the service. I'm sure that if you'd mentioned this at the time, we would have been happy to sort it out for you.

We are also sorry that you found the snack van pricing so disagreeable, sadly, this is an independant business that we allow to use our forecourt on a Saturday, so I am unable to offer you any help in that area.

At Ducati Aylesbury, we like to be open and honest with our customers and we would hope that our customers reciprocate. Whilst we understand that forums such as this have a place, for sharing experiences both good and bad, we like to think that we should be the first point of call if anyone has a genuine complaint about our work.
Old 27-09-2005, 09:19 AM   #36
JMo

Big Brother is watching you!

With my moderator hat on (I do wear it sometimes you know x), I'd like to say well done to Ducati Aylesbury for coming on and putting their side of the story - as you say, it is too easy to post your frustrations on a wbsite, before sorting the problem with the actual company...

That said, it is not the first complaint people have had with DA - but if it works as a two way street, and companies use any critisism to pull their socks up when things are slack - then we can all benefit...

xxx

Now, about that deal on an MV agusta... ahem x
Old 27-09-2005, 11:00 AM   #37
The Kevlar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAservice
Whilst we understand that forums such as this have a place, for sharing experiences both good and bad, we like to think that we should be the first point of call if anyone has a genuine complaint about our work.
How did I miss all this.......

As the above quote says, the dealer should really have been the first point of contact for any complaint. Having worked in the motor trade, I would have wanted to have been the first to know if any of my customers were unhappy, to at least give me the opportunity to explain the situation or rectify the problem. We all make mistakes sometimes.

To be honest the best time to complain / query is before you hand over any money, it has the benifit of focussing the attention of both parties.

In Ducati Aylesburys defence, although I do all my own work on the bike, I do use them a fair bit for parts etc. I have always found them polite and helpful. On the one occasion where I did have a slight issue on a part, it was all sorted out very quickly, exceeding my expectations.

I have my bike booked in later this week for a recall (fuel pipe), and they kindly agreed to do this whilst I wait.

Just thought it fair to have some positive experiences mentioned too....
Old 27-09-2005, 07:07 PM   #38
Orfink69

Response

Well it would appear that somebody has obviously mentioned this particular thread to Ducati Aylesbury which has lead to a most honest reply.

As we all know these forums are put in place for us consumers to vent our frustrations, anger, disappointment or in fact to praise for our experiences.

I was one of those to have vented disappointment in a dealership based solely upon my personal experiences. In NO way have I implied that the service was not carried out and with the exception of having to spend 3 hours cleaning the damn chain lube off when I got home there wasn't really a complaint regarding the service hence the reason you weren't the first port of call. I was simply miffed at having paid out the same amount of money for a 600 mile service on a bike as I do for a major service on my Audi.

I felt as though the standard of the service could have been better, and if this thread opens the eyes of DA to the needs of the consumer and their desire for 100% quality for a fair price then that can only be a good thing.

Under no circumstances would I retract my personal feelings regarding this matter and I would trust that DA would understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and take it on the chin.
Old 27-09-2005, 07:33 PM   #39
fatbloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orfink69
Well it would appear that somebody has obviously mentioned this particular thread to Ducati Aylesbury which has lead to a most honest reply.
you would be suprised how many dealers view this and other websites.
I'm glad Ducati Aylesbury took the time to reply and would encourage
others dealers to do so.

Last edited by fatbloke; 27-09-2005 at 07:35 PM..
Old 27-09-2005, 07:33 PM   #40
Rockhopper

Well done to Ducati Aylesbury for fronting up on this one. Perhaps though you can see where the customers gripe is when he gets charged silly amounts for oil etc without it being explained to him how your system works.
Old 27-09-2005, 07:48 PM   #41
Shauns4

Ducati - do they read this website?

Do Ducati read this website ? The comments about the charge for the 1st service should be aimed at them??
Old 27-09-2005, 07:59 PM   #42
fatbloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauns4
Do Ducati read this website ? The comments about the charge for the 1st service should be aimed at them??
Without a doubt they read it.
It would be nice to get a reply and hear there side.
Old 27-09-2005, 08:34 PM   #43
moony

Last edited by moony; 16-11-2009 at 10:35 AM..
Old 27-09-2005, 11:11 PM   #44
Davefridge

Done 1100 miles on my S2R & haven't noticed any gliches. After riding a 750 SS for 10 years the S2R is an absolute doddle to ride!
Old 27-09-2005, 11:25 PM   #45
Davefridge

Italia Moto of Lincoln charged me £40.79 for my first service. They told me the labour was free on the first service. I trust them as they mainly deal in Ducatis ( plus Benelli & MV ). Some of the prices being reported are a bit scarey!