UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Returning Member Seeks Advice

Old 05-11-2020, 07:49 PM   #31
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
You can put Pro FST in which will help, it costs and it doesn't work that well but it can help things. Well I think you nailed it with KTM and Guzzi, they were both crappy injection bikes iiirc some of the Jap stuff from that era was rubbish too.

BMW and Ducati seem to have things sorted with IE back since the early '80's and Ducati won World Championships with their IE bikes don;t forget so they seem to know what works.

IMHO It's those long exposed inlet tubes that are the main problem, if you can insulate them from the cold air, you might stand a chance. Heating the carb bowls with warm oil does next to nothing as it only warms the fuel a bit which will only delay the icing a bit. They fitted electric heaters again to the carb bowls which does nothing more than the oil heaters did or didn't do.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:00 PM   #32
motomartin11

Bike: M750
Well the Guzzi was a "W" reg V11 sport so fair enough. I had a '14 V7 which was much improved but the KTM was a 64 reg 690 Duke and the EFI was truly awful. Couldn't be used to safely commute at small throttle openings. Think I'll get the fuel stabiliser (thanks) -there's another thread on here about ethanol corroding metal fuel tanks over winter none use - quite apart from the damage done to plastic tanks.Most of my Jap bikes have been carbed- the only EFI model I can recall was an ER6 kawa-I'm mainly old school....
motomartin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:01 PM   #33
motomartin11

Bike: M750
Smile

Update..........Well I've been working my way through a few basic jobs on the M750 and all has gone pretty well so far-fingers crossed.
It's a bit of a revelation how most basic jobs are so accessible-plugs, battery, air filter etc.
I've been regularly scanning posts on here and I have to say I'm (very) impressed.
Without stating the obvious there's great pool of knowledge -so many much more competent owner's than I am.
I've also been trawling though some old posts which are a mine of vey useful information - so thanks for such a great resource woot:
motomartin11 is offline   Reply With Quote