UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hiya!

Old 02-06-2014, 11:42 PM   #1
Puppy

Smile Hiya!

Hey guys!

I am a lady biker! 31 years old!

I am a new Ducati owner and I am loving it! My baby is a 696 Monster (2013).

I bought her in March this year and before that I endured a long 3 years without a bike!

That is because a stupid car driver almost killed me in 2010... Oh well I am all better now and back on 2 wheels!

I live in East London and would like to meet other fellow monsters!

I am still in the process of giving my baby my personal touches... So she will soon have more red details... I will upload a newer picture once she looks even nicer

I am also going to get some Termi cans because the original cans are not loud enough and cars cannot hear me coming...not to mention how hot they get in traffic!

Thank you for accepting me in the group!

xx

Puppy

I tried uploading a pic but it wont let me
Old 03-06-2014, 06:03 AM   #2
sadbiker

Congratulations on getting back on a bike, have you taken some advanced training to help get back the confidence, but suspect living in East End you will progress quickly �� it took my wife over 2 years before she rode again, injuries didn't help.

696 looks to be a great bike and should help you get back to enjoying yourself.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:07 AM   #3
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Hi puppy, welcome aboard.
We are having a tunnel run on Sat 14th, why not come along and meet some of us.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:26 AM   #4
pompone
MaleDucati

Bike: M900
Hi and welcome
Old 03-06-2014, 06:32 AM   #5
scrapps

Hello and welcome.
The Kenties meet on the second Sunday of the month just outside Maidstone.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:24 AM   #6
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
You'll like it here puppy, you do need to get out and meet up with people from here, you'll find one of the friendliest bunches of people you'd ever want to meet.

My sister had one of those, nice little bikes .. not that any of the monsters are really that 'big'

I am wondering at the wisdom of lots of red detail on a baby girl, carbon fibre works as well and is good for both sexes.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:54 AM   #7
smiffyraf1
Silver Member

Bike: M1000ie
welcome! can i ask what injuries you had? just as i have recently been in a crash too and am wondering how long it will be before i am back on a bike
smiffyraf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:21 AM   #8
Puppy

Morning!

Such a warn welcome! Thank u!

I would love meet up soon! I am however very busy with my university finals this month, I will be a fully qualified paramedic in a couple of months! Whoop!

It took me 3 years to get back to the bike because I simply could not afford to get one lol I was healed and ready in 18months...

I collided with a car at around 40mph. I went very high up in he air! I had a HORNET at the time... My injuries were: Fractured right arm, fractured and dislocated right wrist, fractured my right femur (thigh bone) in to many pieces. Mild concussion, severe bruises all over specially where I hit the tank with my pelvis and pubic bone. I underwent a long emergency surgeries where they placed a long metal rod inside my right leg with 4 screws in total plus a metal plate, wire and 6 screws in my right arm. I spent 12 days at the Royal London Hospital.

The court case lasted 3.5 years. The driver was 100% at fault.

I am doing well and don't panic while riding my bike but I am much more careful and slow down when going through junctions...

I am Brazilian by the way so excuse the english typos...

Peace and love to all!
Old 03-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #9
Puppy

Oh...sorry forgot to answer... No I have not taken any further training but I am looking in to that. My confidence have not been affected I absolutely love being on 2 wheels x
Old 03-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #10
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Welcome along.
Glad to hear you've come through your injuries with heightened awareness but no loss of confidence.
That's the way to do it.

And congrats on your excellent English.....I've seen a lot worse from those who have it as their first language.
I was particularly impressed by your correct use of the colon ( which is seldom used properly.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:13 AM   #11
Akita Boy

Hello and welcome to the forums. Sounds like it was a pretty horrific crash, but it's good to hear you're healed and back on a bike.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #12
turbohobbit

Welcome along. I've got a white 696, which I enjoy chucking about - she's great for commuting in the Village!
Old 03-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #13
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Hello and welcome.

As we usually have a London meet the 1st Saturday of the month and as Grumpy has already mentioned we are having a very special Midnight London Tunnel run on the 14th. It's gonna be pretty special

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #14
Puppy

Thumbs up

Thank you all for the kind words

I am a slave from university at the moment... But I will try coming along on the 14th...

I am also on Facebook if anyone would like to ad me. Monster owners are always welcome

My name is Priscila Currie

x

P
Old 03-06-2014, 04:50 PM   #15
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Odd but true.. One of the CT scanners I use speaks Portugese with a brazilian accent

You want to go on the tunnel run Pris, wear some ear plugs though