UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Back with a 95 900

Old 09-06-2017, 09:53 AM   #1
bobbertandsammy

Bike: M900
Back with a 95 900

Got this off of Crow the other day. Took a few pic while it was up on the skylift in the garage. Not a big fan of shiny things but the tank is growing on me. Think it has few original Ducati accessory bits on it. And before anyone says it I know its need a clean

bobbertandsammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:06 AM   #2
smiffyraf1
Silver Member

Bike: M1000ie
they are road racing parts. look them up they are rare as rocking horse poop and if you dont like you could easily shift them and more than cover the cost of replacing them with standard parts. whatever you do though dont sell that tank
smiffyraf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:10 AM   #3
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffyraf1
tank
seat cowl, belly pan, nose fairing

....wow!
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:13 AM   #4
smiffyraf1
Silver Member

Bike: M1000ie
im not keen on most RR stuff but i do like that tank.
smiffyraf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:23 AM   #5
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Ditto.
I'm sure there are a few on here who would covet that tank.
I'm one of them.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:30 AM   #6
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Ditto.
I'm sure there are a few on here who would covet that tank.
I'm one of them.
Even me too
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:33 AM   #7
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
You've got something really special there buddy. To think he sold it for a Honda just because he could hear the clutch..

Your oil looks a bit low if the pic was taken with the bike level.
There seems to be a hole in the front belt cover? Possibly worn by an errant belt in the past.... Check the belts and rollers.
Check the date stamps on the tyres too.

Tiny bit of tidying needed to make it absolutely stunning.... You did well...

Edit.. looks like it would take some standard silencer brackets, to do away with the stays and straps?

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 09-06-2017 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: silencers
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:24 PM   #8
bobbertandsammy

Cheers all. Swapped my 1200 bandit for it - it was a really nice one before anyone starts . Just need to get some new tyres (they are dated 10 years old roughly) and give it a good check over before a test run tonight if its dry. Not sure on the standard exhausts, might have to do something about that.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:54 AM   #9
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Forever? Forever ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I have always loved the sound and looks of them and finally have one and it's staying with me forever ��

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2017, 01:44 PM   #10
bobbertandsammy

Had it up on the lift for a good once over, new brake and clutch lines all round, new oil&filter, front fairing supports welded up as they were held together with fibreglass! New tyres arriving today and got the fork oil to change before it goes to Ducati Glasgow for belts and valves at the end of July. Getting there. Apart from the cracked front mudguard mount in the fork leg - time for the chemical metal I think.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 27-06-2017, 04:26 PM   #11
Darkness

The front mudguards do that on the earliest bikes: Ducati changed the profile of the mudguard legs to beef up the fixings, then changed the forks to have the mudguard mounted on a pair of straps with bigger spacings. Normal fix is to weld/glue it back together with some ally or stainless splints to spread the load.

I'm curious what the exhaust straps hide as your silencers look shorter than normal?
The ally sleeves have still got all the engraved writing at the ends, but appear to have lost about 6" [150mm for MT's incomprehensibles] from the middle. I wonder whether some baffles fell out at the same time?

This is an interesting bike that has clearly had money spent on it back in the 90's: a little fettling should see it looking its best again.

Last edited by Darkness; 27-06-2017 at 08:15 PM..
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2017, 07:16 PM   #12
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Yes, I agree the bike has clearly been fitted with a lot of Road Racing bits! Most of which very few people will have even seen before. The problem is with a lot of their stuff is is fairly old now and it's thin carbon, bolted or riveted to ally which will break or fracture fairly easily especially around the fixings.

Please take extra care with that very rare and expensive body work!

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2017, 08:03 PM   #13
bobbertandsammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
The front mudguards do that on the earliest bikes: Ducati changed the profile of the mudguard legs to beef up the fixings, then changed the forks to have the mudguard mounted on a pair of straps with bigger spacings. Normal fix is to weld/glue it back together with some ally or stainless splints to spread the load.

I'm curious what the exhaust straps hide as your silencers look shorter than normal?
The ally sleeves have still got all the engraved writing at the ends, but appear to have lost about 6" [150mm for MT's incomprehensibles] from the middle. I wonder whether some baffles fell out at the same time?

This is an interesting bike that has clearly had money spent on it back in the 90's: a little fettling should see it looking it's best again.
Going to have a look at the exhausts shortly, have some original mounts on the way
Old 27-06-2017, 08:26 PM   #14
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbertandsammy View Post
Going to have a look at the exhausts shortly, have some original mounts on the way
I think I may have some spare if not. I couldn't see the point of the hangers to be honest like that. I got some new white well translucent washers for the front mudguard. Luckily mines not cracked. I think a carbon one would look nice on yours to match the cowl. If you find you cannot find an early one with bolt hole distance correct which I also did in 2004 , I made an adaptor plate. If not a 916 one may fit but are shorter at the back.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2017, 09:30 PM   #15
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I think your silencers may be from an M600?
600 ones are much shorter than 900 ones, especially the early 600.

I use 750 ones on my 900, they are halfway between 600 and 900 in length.
In fact the standard silencers for my injection 900 are very long, more so than the earlier 900.

As well as the triangular brackets, you will need the rubber bushes to go into the footrest hanger holes, and also the alloy top hat washers that go inside the bushes.

If they are not already cored and you have an inclination to this. By far the easiest way is to just drill a few holes in the plate that reduces the tail pipe to the small outlet.

Mine where elaborately cored by removing the plate and replacing it with a perforated plate. To get it to sound nice, rather than just harshly loud, I had to pack the last chamber with stainless wool.
Upon dismantling another standard pair I discovered that the end chamber is the only one to contain any s/s wool anyway... Hence why just drilling the end plate will achieve the same thing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: