UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Another m900 Rebuild gets started

Old 30-08-2017, 08:28 PM   #46
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Back from Raccoon today with a box of goodies. [Yes, your bracket is in there Albie]

The parts are coming together and now I can start putting sub-assemblies together.
Given the Darkness example of spherical bearings prices, you would have to be an ex millionaire to buy that lot from Ducati!
Old 31-08-2017, 12:15 PM   #47
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Back from Raccoon today with a box of goodies. [Yes, your bracket is in there Albie]

The parts are coming together and now I can start putting sub-assemblies together.
Looking good as expected. Pm me your address for belt covers to be posted to you. Do you want some battery cables I got gifted. Not as good as Phil Matthews but sooner you had them if you can use them
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:29 PM   #48
Darkness

Very little progress on the bikes recently, but have built a new workbench in the garage.

Pleased this evening to have bought another pair of unchamfered M900 silencers on eBay.

Once they arrive here I shall see what I can do to refinish the pair with the worst scratches in the ally sleeves.

Ceramic coating looks interesting?
Old 07-10-2017, 07:47 PM   #49
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Let me know if/when you need those rose joint bushes machining (and dimensions).
The lathe is fairly regularly accessible these days now that (sob) the Norton's gone, so I can probably knock them up at short notice.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:04 PM   #50
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Let me know if/when you need those rose joint bushes machining (and dimensions).
The lathe is fairly regularly accessible these days now that (sob) the Norton's gone, so I can probably knock them up at short notice.
Thanks Jeff.

Another recent eBay purchase is a 10" length of titanium tube with 10mm OD and 6mm ID, so I need to check if that works.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:59 PM   #51
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Glad you got them exhausts. Good job I was sorted it would have gone mental. Had to keep that secret see quiet on here in case. Weirdly it was only days after I found my holy grail
Old 09-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #52
Darkness

No progress on the bike for months, as other things have taken priority.
Here are some before and after pictures of the frame paint, together with the paint details:

The paint colour was matched with the unweathered paint hiding behind the TA tag and I'm very pleased with it.

Last edited by Darkness; 09-02-2018 at 01:15 PM..
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:30 PM   #53
Nottsbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
I might need some small parts from you in a few months time - will pm you when required
Old 06-06-2018, 07:05 PM   #54
Darkness

Still not much progress on the rebuild, so in true Blue Peter style, here's one they made earlier:

Another K Reg, it's my fourth M900 [And I've still got three of them], each one older than the previous one purchased.

Needs new oil and belts, then I just need to ride it a bit rather than taking it apart!
Old 06-06-2018, 08:01 PM   #55
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Still not much progress on the rebuild, so in true Blue Peter style, here's one they made earlier:

Another K Reg, it's my fourth M900 [And I've still got three of them], each one older than the previous one purchased.

Needs new oil and belts, then I just need to ride it a bit rather than taking it apart!
Very nice. You will have quite a collection.

PS I see the rear exhaust fitting looks odd as in sticky outey. Just in case you not seen.

Last edited by Albie; 06-06-2018 at 08:16 PM..
Old 06-06-2018, 08:35 PM   #56
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Very nice. You will have quite a collection.

PS I see the rear exhaust fitting looks odd as in sticky outey. Just in case you not seen.
It does: looks like a previous has machined up a spacer from ally?

There are several other bits that aren't quite right at the moment, but first priority is to get it running and usable rather than stripping it down. Plenty of time for that later when I've got the other two running again.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:47 PM   #57
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
It does: looks like a previous has machined up a spacer from ally?

There are several other bits that aren't quite right at the moment, but first priority is to get it running and usable rather than stripping it down. Plenty of time for that later when I've got the other two running again.
It looks a great bike tbh. A bit jealous really. A K plate is awesome. That bike just wants loving and keeping right clean and rideable. I still not got bike lift space to remove heads on mine. Its going to happen soon but not had any time. XT500 has been waiting for me just to put oil in and petrol in tank for 3 weeks.
Im sure someones got a spare exhaust flange knocking around.
Old 30-06-2018, 11:04 AM   #58
Macflurry

The new one is looking very tidy!! Have you managed to get out on it much since you picked it up?

For some reason I cant see most of the pic's in the thread.

Either shows Photobucket logo saying they're not available or they're just missing from the posts. I'll have to try with my laptop later.
Macflurry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: