UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi all, potential 1200S owner with a few Q's

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-11-2015, 09:25 PM   #1
Locke

Hi all, potential 1200S owner with a few Q's

Hi guys,

I currently own a BMW S1000R, but am selling up due to the amount of high frequency vibration it puts through the bars. Covered 6K since purchase in April and it's caused me some issues with the nerves in my hands. Bummer.

I'm looking at the 1200S as it looks like the best Ducati alternative, not as much bhp as the BMW, but more torque. I test rode the Streetfighter 848 earlier this year and liked it. However, thought the clutch was ridiculously heavy at the lever, and it was a little too race focused.

I'm test riding the 1200S on Sat, and am hoping I'll like its character, and that it won't be too vibey through the bars. I rode a friends 899 Panigale for a short while on Saturday and it felt great, nice and powerful, but with a much different nature to the S1000R. The Ducati felt beefier, and had a much lower, grunty nature to it than the highly strung BMW. So I'm hoping the 1200S will be a good option for me.

A couple of concerns from the reviews I've read so far, and I'm hoping you guys can help -

The dash, is the reflection on it as bad in sunlight as they say? If so, is there a solution out there, can a matte screen protector be fitted, or perhaps there's a decent fly screen out there that can offer some shade for better viewing?

How bad is this issue with the pillion pegs stopping you riding with the balls of your feet on the pegs? Is there a solution to this?

Also, anyone know the size of the screw that holds the bar ends on? I'll more than likely be changing those for heavier ones.

Cheers