UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Can Anyone Make Bolts....

Old 04-03-2020, 03:31 PM   #1
Pezz

Bike: M1100s
Can Anyone Make Bolts....

Hi

Bit of a mad one and none bike related but some of you engineering types might be able to help. I have some garden furniture that is made from square steel tube covered in plastic rattan. The feet are screwed into threaded tubes welded into the square section. The original feet plastic parts have rubbed away and the bolts are now dragging across the paving - this was not a massive problem until last week when we got a new patio laid... I have tried to get new feet but cannot get them correct diameter or thread pitch. I have bought some feet that will work that need screwing on however the hex head bolts that are in the furniture will not fit into the feet. The feet really need a countersunk head - easy you might think go buy some countersunk head bolts - well I can't find M6 0.75 pitch countersunk head bolts anywhere. Accu used have some but they are discontnued - everywhere ele its hex head or nothing. Does anyone here have a link to soemwhere that do sell them [google has not been my friend] or know someone who could make me some - I need 20

something like these but with a fine 0.75mm pitch https://www.accu.co.uk/en/countersun...5-SSK-M6-20-A2 doesnt matter if they are flat head posi or metric socket

thanks

Pezz

Last edited by Pezz; 04-03-2020 at 03:35 PM..
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:32 PM   #2
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
I think I would drill the holes out to 6.8mm (7mm would do) and tap the hole 8mm and buy some 8mm standard metric thread countersunk bolts (Kay fasteners on e bay)
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:50 PM   #3
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
sounds like a good plan. making threaded stuff is quite straightforward, making recessed hexes in the heads bloody difficult.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote