UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Northern Ireland » holy crap 5 years since my last post on here!

Old 13-03-2018, 01:57 PM   #16
Nottsbiker

Thanks for the support Ben, if you were in London I'd have dropped off the spare cans I gave you a couple of years ago and saved you the postage, but hey-ho people have short memories.
This forum is a 'vehicle' that makes it relatively easy for someone to set up a local meetings etc. if there isn't one there already, sorry no-one in Nottingham could be bothered in the last few years. FWIW the other club you're a member of seems far cliquier to me.

Sorry if my post appeared to support Mr Blunt - it was a passing attempt at sarcasm and not intended to be anything other than a dig at him.

Yes I did receive those cans from you and I have them sat in my loft ready for MOT times when I get my 900 built later this spring. In the spirit of how you gave them to me I gave my cored can components to a young lad on Facebook for postage so hopefully can be credited with doing a similar good deed like you did for me.

Just for the record I agree with the masses here! If it were not for splitting up with my ex before Christmas and having to pay her £40k I'd be on my Monster by now. Only found out today at work I'm not being made redundant so can risk buying some flatslides (stock carbs are shot) - I've been under threat for 5 months....

I wont take any offence as I don't think any was actually intended

Ben
Old 13-03-2018, 02:04 PM   #17
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
In which case I appologise
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 02:54 PM   #18
Nottsbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
In which case I appologise
No worries matey
Old 13-03-2018, 03:05 PM   #19
buzzbomb
Gold Member

Bike: M1100s
I don't know about the London Club but up here in the sunny northwest for the last 15 months the has been gradually growing in numbers at our monthly meetings so you see once someone makes a move (thanks Garry for rattling Mikes cage) the group comes together.

As Rob stated Lars is from Norway and has attended WDW four times travelling down sometimes on his own to stay with the group that used to stay at the villa, he's a true ducatisti and his input is always factual.

It's a shame that you'll be stepping down Rob so a big thanks from us up norf and let's hope that we get someone good to fill the boots that you're vacating..
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 03:06 PM   #20
jonzi
Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Bike: M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbomb View Post
... It's a shame that you'll be stepping down Rob so a big thanks from us up norf and let's hope that we get someone good to fill the boots that you're vacating..
I vote Rob for president.
jonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 05:20 PM   #21
Shuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzi View Post
I second that!!!
Old 13-03-2018, 05:32 PM   #22
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzi View Post
Me too, he does a sh*t load behind the scenes the majority never see.

If he’s willing, I suggest he stays as president but we give him some help - one active member has already offered their time

I’ve been doing membership approvals for years now and generally been quite relaxed as I know some people are shy about revealing details. Rest assured addresses etc can’t generally be seen. What I would say is that applications where the person is being deliberately vague or elusive will get more scrutiny before approval in the future. Trolls will not be tolerated.

My experience of this forum over nearly 15 years is its inclusive and not centred on London - frankly the club is only as good as the efforts made by area reps etc. So Mr Blunt if you think it’s unwelcoming either put your money where your mouth is and organise something local to you (sorry can’t be bothered to see where you live, assuming you’ve not left that blank) or shut up

Ped
PS appreciate all the supportive comments from the decent folk on here.
Old 13-03-2018, 05:53 PM   #23
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Hey Maggsy, thanks for reminding me about the Coast to Coast run. It was a real blast and we all met lots of great folks from across the Country.
Thanks again to everyone involved in that and for forgiving me for the chaos that ensued towards the end.

Thanks to all for making this such a great club, it would be totally unfair to single anyone out for special thanks when we are such a smashing collective.

BLUNT. I was one of the people who complained to Slob about you, as even from the very start your posts have been destructive. Rob is a nice enough guy to give you a second chance and some considerable rope.... You're at the end of the rope now and it's time to leave.

I won't join in with those that have called you a twat as that's just plain rude and not in my nature. However if I only thought it, it wouldn't be so bad.

In which case; I THINK YOU ARE A TWAT.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 13-03-2018 at 05:57 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 06:52 PM   #24
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Bike: M620
Oooooooooo kkkk then..... i was just saying hi! Holy ****!! Lol.

drunk:
Northern Irelands answer to common sense-NORTHERN IRELAND REP!!
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 07:09 PM   #25
BLUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky View Post
i was just saying hi!
Hi there Ricky!
Old 13-03-2018, 08:04 PM   #26
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

No harm mr Blunt but i dont think ur someone i want to make acquaintance with... i dont do negativity and people i have known for a long time dont have a very good opinion of u! Plus u hijacked my post with nonsense!

drunk:
Old 13-03-2018, 08:27 PM   #27
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
Well that cleared the air Rob, good on you

I hope your successor is up for the challenge.

And welcome back Ricky, good luck with finding the S4 mate
Old 13-03-2018, 08:57 PM   #28
SteveG

Blimey! Hijack or what... ?

Hi Ricky. Never met you, fairly new to the forum myself. Not London but Southern based Monster lover here. Sometimes work in Craigavon but generally fly over. Would love to do a tour of the Emerald Isle on the bike sometime and if I do I’ll give you a shout. I'm maybe too tall for your club though unless compared to a basketball team...

I’ll resist temptation to call blunt a twat. Ahh.. no, I can’t. Sorry... it was the drink made me say it..

Anyway .. hello.

+ and thanks to the guys who have given much to make this place run.

Last edited by SteveG; 13-03-2018 at 09:00 PM.. Reason: Forgot stuff
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 09:43 PM   #29
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Hi stevie g! Poor u have to work in craigavon!! Lol i usually have a spare bike or 2 so give me a shout anytime!

drunk:
Old 14-03-2018, 10:44 AM   #30
BLUNT

To all you guys who have used bad language and attempted to insult me with childish comments - you are far too sensitive and I struggle to believe you actually ride bikes.

It's water off a duck's back to me.