UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Monster S4R needs HELP

Old 22-03-2021, 08:42 PM   #1
Stormm

Cool Monster S4R needs HELP

Hi all,

I'm from Holland and owner of a 2005 Blue/White S4R. Unfortunately the bike has some engine paint problems. That's why I removed the engine from the frame. And this makes it also easier for a full maintenance checkup (belt's, oil, cam's etc.)...

Problem at this point is finding the matching paint (carter and engine covers). Local paint shops find it difficult to match, to much metallic parts in the paint to use a spectrometer.

I found a supplier in the UK https://www.ebay.nl/itm/350286258078?ul_noapp=true but he is not willing to send a few aerosols to the Netherlands because of Brexit, COVID etc....

Would anyone help me out and let me deliver the aerosols to him/her and let me pick up the package via UPS special?

Cheers,
Eddy

Last edited by Stormm; 22-03-2021 at 09:12 PM..
Old 22-03-2021, 09:19 PM   #2
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
One of our members here is trying to get some clutch parts from Italy so you might be able to help each other?
Old 23-03-2021, 12:58 PM   #3
stopintime

Bike: S2r
Maybe get the local shop to guess as close as they can and then make another two variants - one on either side of the first.

You start the first coat with the 'best guess' and change to one of the others, if required, for the next coatings.

Easier ?
stopintime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2021, 05:00 PM   #4
damien666

Bike: S4Rs
Did i see it somewhere that Hammerite smoothrite silver is a good match? I know it’s not classed as heat resistant, but all aerosols are a compromise compared to 2k paint with a hardener/ catalyst.
If it is ok, might be easier to scource in the Netherlands?

Last edited by damien666; 23-03-2021 at 05:18 PM..
damien666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2021, 07:31 AM   #5
Stormm

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien666 View Post
Did i see it somewhere that Hammerite smoothrite silver is a good match? I know it’s not classed as heat resistant, but all aerosols are a compromise compared to 2k paint with a hardener/ catalyst.
If it is ok, might be easier to scource in the Netherlands?
Not sure if this is a metallic paint? Does not like like it is.. I was thinking about doing only the upper part of the crank-case. That is why i'm looking for a close match.
Old 24-03-2021, 07:37 AM   #6
Stormm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopintime View Post
Maybe get the local shop to guess as close as they can and then make another two variants - one on either side of the first.

You start the first coat with the 'best guess' and change to one of the others, if required, for the next coatings.

Easier ?
Yes, will try it again. But was thinking about painting it myself and unlike a car repair shop they only make rattle-cans. So for each 'best guess' they have to make a rattle can...

And Mal from Ebays says he has got the colours on stock.
Old 24-03-2021, 08:54 AM   #7
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
The stuff they used on thsse era bikes isn't like the earlier stuff, it's like a enamel and flakes off in large chunks, horrible stuff. I have a few patches on mine that need touching up but I'm not confident I would be able to get a good match in order to patch them up without doing the whole engine. I mean the earlier stuff on my 748 cases I reckon you could use aluminium paint and probably get a reasonable match with.

Please let us know how what you used and how you get on.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint color code engine