UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » M600 2000 clutch slave cylinder

Old 17-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
nashorn

M600 2000 clutch slave cylinder

Hi Guys, Please can anyone help with this puzzle. I bought my M600 as a non-runner. It had a defective clutch. The slave cylinder was leaking. I have removed and checked the plates. None of them are sticking, all looks good under there, so I have put the clutch back together. I have bought a second hand slave cylinder from an M620. I have put the slave cylinder on today and successfully bled it. The problem is this - The lever is rock hard when pulled, with little freeplay, but it is not disengaging the clutch. I have removed the slave cylinder and could see that the cylinder was at the full extent of its travel. I am wondering whether the later cylinder requires a longer clutch actuating rod. Any ideas?
The original cylinder was the type that was assembled from the engine/actuating rod side. The later one is assembled from the outside.
Old 17-04-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
Gilps

There are 2 different lengths of rod depending on year of slave so I suspect you will need a different one. They changed them in 2000 I think.
Old 19-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
analogue_rogue

yeah your right.. the 620 slave doesnt fit the 600 cos of that.. i had the same problem.. you can either get the rod of change the slave.. i would go for slave purely because you dont know if the rod will fit the clutch (the m600 has a bigger basket for some reason)

Tags
clutch, cylinder, defective, slave