UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » S4R insurance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2004, 04:39 PM   #1
queen_gpants

S4R insurance

As I am now seriously thinking about upgrading the 888 & M900 to an S4R I thought I'd get some insurance quotes.

My current policy has both bikes on and finishes next month and I'll have 5 years NCB so I thought insuring an S4R would be easy....would it heck!

Tried various online insurance companies, the ones who will give you a quote there and then, waded my way through pages of questions about my status, occupation etc - all very amusing as no one ever seems to have heard of an inventory clerk, I've now promoted myself to a surveyor! :lol:

Finally get the bit asking about what bike am I buying and do any of these companies list the S4R...no!

Some ask you to type in the bike model then later ask you to confirm what model it is from a drop down list, every bloody ducati under the sun except the one I want to insure!

So I gave up and rang my own insurance company who tell me they can insure the bike for £30 until my current policy expires but cannot give me a quote for the S4R at this moment in time....now I'm confused and getting very pissed off!

The guy says he'll ring my insurance company back and try and get a quote from them, yeah great thanks for the effort mate!

Two hours later I finally get a call back and am quoted £450 f/c with limited mileage and £500 excess.

Not bad I thought but I feel like I've been round the houses today.

Just thought I'd share this as it seems very strange that the S4R has been available since April 2003 but the insurance companies ddon't recognise it!