UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Image Works...works!

Old 01-12-2020, 12:20 PM   #1
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Image Works...works!

I'm not one to recommend products or companies that I haven't tried personally but, if I've had a good buying experience, then I feel obliged to share it for the benefit of any others who might be looking for a similar product or service.

I'd never used Image Works before but, as it had been recommended numerous times by others on the forum, I thought I'd give them a try. I wanted a name sticker for my godson's skateboard but it had to be in a specific custom font. I wasn't sure Image Works would be able to help as it's not a bike design and, as it was a one-off, would it even be worth their while to do it?

I needn't have worried, from the reply to my first email, Graham couldn't have been more helpful. I showed him the design I wanted and he replicated it exactly. I ordered four decals all for under £20 delivered. I think that's great value for a custom design and all within a week.

If Graham puts this much care and attention into a small, low value, order like mine, then I'm sure any bike, (or even non-bike), related jobs you may have would be in safe hands with him.

Highly recommended!

Oh, and thanks to everyone who previously recommended them on the forum - I probably wouldn't have even thought of them without those.

Oops! Forgot contact details!

0115 944 3111
enquiries@the-image-works.co.uk

Last edited by Luddite; 01-12-2020 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: Forgot contact details
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:26 PM   #2
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
He did my M900 decals and my Suzuki gt50 and Yamaha ss50 ones
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:39 PM   #3
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
He did my M900 decals and my Suzuki gt50 and Yamaha ss50 ones
Yes, thanks, Albie. It was mainly as a result of your recommendations that I tried them.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:59 PM   #4
tricolore

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I’ve used Image Works for years ..... great guys Graham and Ted. They even made me some Vitaloni and Akront stickers for my Superlight.
tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 05:39 PM   #5
Flip

Bike: M900
I too had only heard good things about Image Works but my experience of using them (again much from reading how Albie has been impressed with them) was not so good.

After doing some repairs to the fairing of my Yamaha Thundercat I required some new decals as Yamaha spares support for legacy motorcycles is quite frankly terrible so I contacted Graham at Image Works.

I emailed photos to ensure he knew which decals I wanted and he explained that his were printed on clear rather than colour matched backgrounds as per the original (meaning his could be used on any of the three colour-ways for my model year), so while not ideal I ordered a pair as it worked out better value even though I really only needed one side.

When they arrived it was immediately obvious that not only was the font incorrect but also the design itself.

I re-sent comparison photos twice before he agreed his didn’t match and without so much as an apology or offer to correct them (or me asking) he refunded in full.

Therefore I took that as him saying ‘take them or leave them’ and he wasn’t really interested.

I’m glad others have found them ok as it is a proper pain trying to find good quality ‘correct’ decals for older motorcycles.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:37 PM   #6
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
I'm not one to recommend products or companies that I haven't tried personally but, if I've had a good buying experience, then I feel obliged to share it for the benefit of any others who might be looking for a similar product or service.

I'd never used Image Works before but, as it had been recommended numerous times by others on the forum, I thought I'd give them a try. I wanted a name sticker for my godson's skateboard but it had to be in a specific custom font. I wasn't sure Image Works would be able to help as it's not a bike design and, as it was a one-off, would it even be worth their while to do it?

I needn't have worried, from the reply to my first email, Graham couldn't have been more helpful. I showed him the design I wanted and he replicated it exactly. I ordered four decals all for under £20 delivered. I think that's great value for a custom design and all within a week.

If Graham puts this much care and attention into a small, low value, order like mine, then I'm sure any bike, (or even non-bike), related jobs you may have would be in safe hands with him.

Highly recommended!

Oh, and thanks to everyone who previously recommended them on the forum - I probably wouldn't have even thought of them without those.

Oops! Forgot contact details!

0115 944 3111
enquiries@the-image-works.co.uk
Completely agree, those guys are brilliant -and make a great cup of tea if you are there for fitting & collection.

Old 11-12-2020, 04:37 PM   #7
Stevedesmo

Bike: S4r
I’m in the same camp as Flip, appallingly bad experience with them when I was after a numberboard
Rang and spoke to someone who suggested that a photo would help confirm the layout
Duly sent, no reply, so chased up and got a fairly disinterested response
Sent the image again and got no reply........gave up at that point and got the impression that they have plenty of orders thanks very much and can’t be arsed going the extra inch!
Crap website too, looks well out of date
Stevedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote