UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Ducati Monster S4 Challenge Cup info

Old 07-08-2022, 11:33 AM   #1
m55russ

Bike: S4 challenge
Ducati Monster S4 Challenge Cup info

After being a Ducati Monster S4 Challenge Cup owner for a number of years I did some research into the series and found there is very little info out there. I have a couple of articles from Italian Bike magazine and a couple of references on the net and that's it.

I have decided to do something about it and want to gather as much historical information as I can to document the series before it is all lost.

I am looking for anyone who has any personal information in particular photos of the bikes racing (I realise this was in the age of print photography but someone may have some), any relevant stories, contacts within the series or just info which will be of interest.

I am also looking to touch base with any S4 Cup owners on the forum to put together a owners list, some people have suggested this before that it would be a good idea to have a Ducati S4 Challenge Cup owners list as there are a number of us on here, just to see how many bikes remain.
It would also be great if you are aware of the race number of your bike, if you could forward this info to me with your name and a photo of your bike it would be very much appreciated to catalog the owners list. Of course all this information will be kept confidential and I only intend to use limited information within the owners list.

If owners do not want to participate I fully understand but hopefully in the end it will be interesting to some people and if I obtain enough useful information to document the series, I will share this.

I have no journalism skills as such but just a genuine interest in this fabulous bike and series and hopefully I can do it justice.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who would like to contribute, many thanks in advance and message me or I can supply* my email with any information. Where relevant I will also acknowledge sources of information and contributiors.
Thanks,
Russ

Last edited by m55russ; 07-08-2022 at 12:10 PM..
m55russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 12:37 PM   #2
PPuxley

Bike: M900
I photographed this at last years Ride it Day at the Classic Motor Hub. I chatted to the owner and I thought he said it was a Challenge bike
Old 07-08-2022, 12:40 PM   #3
m55russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPuxley View Post
I photographed this at last years Ride it Day at the Classic Motor Hub. I chatted to the owner and I thought he said it was a Challenge bike
That's my bike, I remember us having that chat, hello again
Old 07-08-2022, 01:13 PM   #4
PPuxley

Oh, Right..........so not all that helpful of me
Old 08-08-2022, 08:13 AM   #5
alan s4

Here's mine. Stripped of all Cup related stuff (apart from the sticker on the front mud guard!). Still got the carbon belly pan in the garage, just prefer the look without it.

alan s4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 08:17 AM   #6
alan s4

Couple of Cup related images.....

Last edited by alan s4; 08-08-2022 at 08:20 AM..
alan s4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 04:21 PM   #7
Flip

Quote:
Originally Posted by m55russ View Post
That's my bike
Nice, I don't think many kept the rather ugly looking radiator/engine protector frame on their bikes once they got sold off. Nice to see yours still has the transponder bracket attached to the forks though

I'll have a look through my old photos and stuff from back then and see what I can find.

Obviously the Italian 900 series pre-dated the S4 Challenge though but it made a good way to off load a ton of bodywork they had left over!!

Old 08-08-2022, 07:15 PM   #8
m55russ

Thanks so far guys, all good stuff keep it coming
Old 08-08-2022, 09:12 PM   #9
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Not sure if it's quite the same animal, but Smiffy spotted one some time back and it belongs to a member on here so you could try and PM him.. Strokersmoke.
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=55325