UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Insurance

Old 04-01-2008, 07:25 AM   #1
AndyG

Insurance

Recently had my new quote for the years insurance from Carole Nash, as I have been with them for a few years obtained a few quotes and most were 50% of the Carole Nash one, OK, entered my details on the Carole Nash website and obtained a quote approx 2/3 of the one they sent me. Contacted then as to why the web quote was much cheaper and was told that via the web there were no broker fees and that the breakdown cover was £5 cheaper. As i deal with them direct why were there broker fees and the difference was close to £50.

This leaves me with the feeling Carole Nash send high quotes based on the fact people like me normally don't bother to check and just renew.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
http://www.ducatiinsurance.co.uk/

Always worth shopping around, though I've found Ducati ins. consistently cheaper for me.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:08 AM   #3
Lowsider

Personally I have found ebike the cheapest....

And they accept mods like Termi's and others.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
alan c
alan (blockhead) c

Bike: M1100
carol nash did the same to me, so went with A-quote, knock them down over phone to under £100, just added extra bike for £45, carol nash think you will just renew with them, phoned them up and they said they could not give better deal, so sod them.
alan c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
SazzaG

Just this very morning I have moved my monster from Wicked Quotes (the same as Ducati Insurance) to ebike, saving £30. May not sound much, but the policy now costs £191.

We now have all four bikes plus my car insured through them. I know people always say that you don't find out how good an insurance company is until you claim. We made a total loss claim on my car in October, and found that if it's a non-fault claim, then who your insurers are is irrelevant, as it's the legal cover you pay for that sorts it out. ebike use Angel Assistance, and they were fine.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #6
johndglynn

I just insured a w-plate 750 with alarm and datatag, garaged, in Northants, me (39) with no NCB and on limited miles for £140 fully comp inc legal cover. Insurer is Chaucer via Devitt on thebikeinsurer.co.uk. Cheapest quote on there was £103. Best ebike could do was £207. Worth a try.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
AndyG

Insurance for my 620

Hi all

ebike were the cheapest but did not respond to my e-mails asking some basic questions, went with ducati insurance in the end only £3 pound more than ebike, and included breakdown cover.

Really disappointed that Carole Nash charge regular customer much more that some bod applying via the web.

Now just waiting for weather to change and get out on it !
Old 09-01-2008, 03:23 PM   #8
gremlin

Last year before I took my test I was quoted £140 fully comp on a Blandit. (I had been looking for one until I became enlightened). After taking my test Carole Nash quoted £160 fully comp, logic? I got mine through our local broker, Norwich Union with breakdown, accident assistance, legal, assistance etc for £125. I guess it depends on your broker, also none of the web insurers would count my two years no claims on my 125, it had to be on a 600, but my broker managed to use it to get a good deal. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the quotes.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #9
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
97 750 monster fully comp with lots of NCB through Ducati insurance a massive £102 - I must be getting old...

Carroll Nash were quoting £140 TPFT provided the cans were road legal ie BS stamped, and no mods.

When I insured my chop with CN, they very helpfully had insured it as a standard bike for the last year after being with them for 4 years!! (the only standard bits left were the engine and wheels, everything else was a one off). I only found out when I swapped the insurance over...