UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Dealer Service Cost?

Old 16-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #16
The Red Devil

Just booked my 1100evo in for it's 600mile service.. At Ducati Croydon , really nice helpful bunch of guys.. Lending me a demo while it's being done.. £150 sounds reasonable.. And if my tail tidy is in they are going to fit it gratis!
The shop only opened in the summer, expanded KTM dealer.. The head guy speaks fluent Italian which is a bonus!! Now which bike do I test while my Monster is being tickled?? 848 Evo , 1198, diavel?
Old 16-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #17
Funkatronic
another year another bike

Bike: S2r 1000
id be tempted by the 848 or the multi

or even a KTM 990 if thats not too blasphemous ;-)
Funkatronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #18
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
One thing I would say about P&H in Crawley is that when they put new tyres on my friend's Kawasaki ZZR1100 a few years ago they managed to put them on the wrong way round. Would you like someone who can do that touching the engine of your Ducati?

I won't use CMW in Chichester because they dropped my Kawasaki when it was in for an MOT and I had to end up helping them find a replacement screen because they seemed incapable of finding the UK distributor of MRA screens - a quick Google was all it took.

Personally I use Pro Twins in South Godstone. That's partly because I've known Pete there for many years, he's married to my friend's cousin. They do a very good job. Otherwise I'd go to MotoRapido.
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 09:59 PM   #19
He11cat

Sorry out of interest where is the Croydon shop ... only reason I ask is I could drag my Dad down there when I nip home and show him some nice bikes

Scrimp on checking valves for the sake of £50.... don't do it!!!
Old 17-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #20
The Red Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by He11cat View Post
Sorry out of interest where is the Croydon shop ... only reason I ask is I could drag my Dad down there when I nip home and show him some nice bikes

Scrimp on checking valves for the sake of £50.... don't do it!!!
Hi Hellcat... its a new shop in St James Road croydon... coming from the fairfeild halls, under the underpass.. straight on until you come to the one way system hang a right and its just up on the left from there.... fabulous range of bikes in stock to drool over!!...
Old 17-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #21
Small Clanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Devil View Post
Now which bike do I test while my Monster is being tickled?? 848 Evo , 1198, diavel?
I'm planning to try the 848 whilst my Evo11 has it's 600 service so post up know how you get on, cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Evo 004.jpg (31.5 KB, 17 views)
Old 19-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #22
The Red Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Devil View Post
Just booked my 1100evo in for it's 600mile service.. At Ducati Croydon , really nice helpful bunch of guys.. Lending me a demo while it's being done.. £150 sounds reasonable.. And if my tail tidy is in they are going to fit it gratis!
The shop only opened in the summer, expanded KTM dealer.. The head guy speaks fluent Italian which is a bonus!! Now which bike do I test while my Monster is being tickled?? 848 Evo , 1198, diavel?

600mile Service cost £131.80 at Croydon Ducati.. top quality service and a free loan bike.. at 4 days notice cant fault them!! recommended
Old 19-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #23
neilo

The first service for my EVO was £111, but I didn't pay a penny because it was thrown in FOC as part of the 'deal'. I only know it was £111 because the guy behind the desk didn't know it was part of the deal until I told him when he presented me with the invoice. No quibbles...keys were handed over and I was on my way...
Old 19-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #24
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
My first service (M1100) was £134.84. As well as the service they set up my suspension (for free) to suit my weight and riding style. The improvement over the stock setup was immense. It went from a hard jarring ride and a lack of confidence in the front end to quite smooth and absolute belief that the front will do whatever I ask it to.
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote