UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » monster 600 rearset wanted

Old 31-01-2021, 03:35 PM   #1
ibduke

Bike: M600
monster 600 rearset wanted

monster 600 rearset wanted
Afternoon all,
Been looking at monster rearset for my 600. I currently have s4r ones fitted. But would like to bring the frame fitting back into play so it might be a long shot Ducabike or Ducati performance....something like that................

Thanks for looking
ibduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2021, 07:28 PM   #2
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Your cheapest option would be Rece Supplies Direct version:-

These have been painted black however:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Mo...gAAOSwF6Ff9xSn

Race Supplies Direct ebay shop:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Mo...gAAOSwF6Ff9xSn

The Monster ones aren't listed but I'm sure they're still available. They're pretty basic but Ok, I had some on mine but upgraded to DP ones when some came up.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2021, 07:31 PM   #3
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

SES Race Products do something similar, for a bit more wonga:-

https://www.sesraceproducts.com/fixe...d004-216-p.asp

Old 31-01-2021, 07:39 PM   #4
ibduke

I've seen some ducabike from Italy on ebay £194 plus postage. There the cheapest I've found.
Just thought I'd try the forum first, to see if there were any available from members....
thanks
Old 31-01-2021, 07:46 PM   #5
ibduke

I've looked at the SES ones. I think they were fixed not adjustable at £184..plus postage...they look good, with mixed reviews. ducabike very similar to Ducati performance ones.
Like I said, I though I'd put it through the forum first to see if anyone had anything lying around..
Thanks for the suggestion .
Old 31-01-2021, 08:03 PM   #6
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

The SES and the Race Products are both fixed, but those are the cheapest and most cheerful options.

The Ducabike should be good if it's adjustable you want and if they're the same design as the DP ones then those would be the ones I'd go for myself. My DP ones have adjustable eccentric pegs and toe pieces too.

Old 31-01-2021, 11:38 PM   #7
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
The race supplies rearsets are good value for money - but for a road bike they have 2 downsides, first is that they are quite high, absolutely suitable for Desmodue racing where you are only on the bike for 15 minutes and need the ground clearance but not really suitable for more than 30 minutes as the knee and ankle joints are at acute angles, secondly they do not have provision for a brake light switch which can be overcome with a hydraulc pressure switch available from ebay at less than a tenner.
Their fit to the frame also means that they are much narrower than the standard pegs, which also helps with ground clearance but can cause issues with clearance on the exhaust and/or side stand/ gear shift rod.
Narrower footrests are in my view a good thing as the standard Monster has footrest positions quite a bit wider than the normal human pelvic / hip joint width and if the joint is forced to bear load when the the femurs are splayed it will not be as comfortable or as strong as when the force is in line with the hip joint.
The standard footrest position for a Monster is actually very good ergonomically, fore and aft relative to the SA pivot and vertically relative to the height of the seat, both for comfort and for balance/weight transfer. Moving the footrests inboard by 25mm each side but maintaining their relative fore and aft and vertical position relative to the SA spindle gives the best compromise between comfort for an extended duration, ability to move around on the bike, weighting the pegs to assist indirection changes and ground clearance

Last edited by 350TSS; 31-01-2021 at 11:40 PM..
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 07:03 AM   #8
slob

I’ve never seen a set of aftermarket (Monster) rearsets that fitted the stock brake switch.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 09:55 AM   #9
Kato
Dismantled

As Slob says stock brake switch will not work so you need to fit something like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-ST...IAAOSwrdRdaWry

Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 11:19 AM   #10
slob

I can think of one very marginal advantage to a mechanical switch on the rear, otherwise a hydraulic one is so much more reliable, I’d much rather have hydraulic. If you have clip-ons you can sometimes have trouble finding space for a front hydraulic switch though.
Old 01-02-2021, 12:24 PM   #11
ibduke

yep already got the brake switch through the banjo from the master cylinder. I'll leave this open for another week and see if something crops up, then I'll bite the bullet.
I've spent too much money for cheap and cheerful.

thanks for the replies
Old 01-02-2021, 04:45 PM   #12
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

I have an almost complete set of DP rearsets I can sell on if anybody is interested, to suit the 600 / 750 / 900 monster. They need one foot peg and one toe peg to make them complete, so these two parts would need to be sourced or made, both are eccentric to make them adjustable. They look like this:

https://www.ducati.org/threads/ducat...-52323&slide=0
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 10:39 AM   #13
ibduke

Thanks for the reply Zimbo,
it looks like ducabike here we come, If yours where easily found parts you would have probably sorted them out yourself.
I would have preferred your type, if only they where complete. But these appear to be thin on the ground..........
Old 02-02-2021, 11:17 AM   #14
slob

Ducabike (and the now defunkt Style&Performance) are fairly close copies of the DP ones.
I have S&P on both my 1000s and had DP on my 620. S&P were fractionally differently sized to DP ones, so annoyingly the parts weren't interchangeable. Not sure about the details of Ducabike kit.
Old 02-02-2021, 01:05 PM   #15
Darkness

Bike: M900
Unless you know someone with access to a lathe and the skill to drive it, plus some alloy rods?