UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Daytona Ruislip/servicing west of london

Old 12-11-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
zxebeast

Daytona Ruislip/servicing west of london

Anybody got any info on how good they are?

My options now are them or Dave Wood Racing, which you guys recomended me, 30 miles away.

Or maybe you know other service place in the area?

Moto rapido and rosso corse are too far away.

cheers
Old 12-11-2006, 03:57 PM   #2
queen_gpants

Both my husband and I use Daytonas for our servicing and they have been really good, thorough and well priced.

I have to say if you live in Reading that Moto Rapido who I have also used for servicing when I owned a 888 are much nearer to you than Daytona's.

My husband bought his S4 from Pegasus in Reading, another really nice company, he has never used them for servicing but their sales and after sales service was superb.

Hope that helps?
Old 12-11-2006, 03:57 PM   #3
farl

Bike: M1100s
Snell's

Try Snells in Alton. Only hear good things about them.
farl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:39 PM   #4
benson

I'd go with whatever Queen G pants suggests or that arrow might be aimed in a different direction! Seriously though - DWR is great if you can get yourself over there - but moto rapido come highly recommended too!!!
Old 12-11-2006, 06:47 PM   #5
queen_gpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by benson View Post
I'd go with whatever Queen G pants suggests or that arrow might be aimed in a different direction!!
LOL cheeky moo! x
Old 12-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #6
kaysee

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen_gpants View Post
Both my husband and I use Daytonas for our servicing and they have been really good, thorough and well priced.

I have to say if you live in Reading that Moto Rapido who I have also used for servicing when I owned a 888 are much nearer to you than Daytona's.

My husband bought his S4 from Pegasus in Reading, another really nice company, he has never used them for servicing but their sales and after sales service was superb.

Hope that helps?
I thought you were a Bill Bailey fan
Old 13-11-2006, 07:01 AM   #7
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by farl View Post
Try Snells in Alton. Only hear good things about them.
spot on, well rated dealer
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 07:41 AM   #8
queen_gpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysee View Post
I thought you were a Bill Bailey fan

Yes I have used Bill Bailey as well when I had my 888 but as my monster was until recently still under warranty I have used Daytona's instead plus Bill doesn't have any courtesy bikes.
Old 13-11-2006, 05:31 PM   #9
zxebeast

Quote:

Hope that helps?
Hey Queen gpants

I ain't livin in Reading now, moved to Uxbridge area so Daytona R and DWR are the closest.

The guys at Pegasus are good for servicing but on the overpriced side. Its 5 k miles till next oil/belt/valves service however there's a couple of things that I wanna take care of like fork oil, front brake pads and other small things.

Knowing Daytona and DWR are ok, now I got 2 good options. Unless someone likes to chuck in Bailey's contact details and then I got 3.

Read good comments about MR and Snells so if Im ever around Winchester or Alton I know where I'll go.

Old 14-11-2006, 07:37 AM   #10
queen_gpants

Here you go....

Bill Bailey / Roebotech
Rear of TNT motorcycles (I assume they are still there?)
314 Eastcote Lane
South Harrow

0208 422 5800
07931 390689

Bill's great, I was originally given his details by another monster owner, he did a lot of work on my 888 when it was overheating. I've not taken my monster there yet as its still quite new and I want to keep the service book stamps going for a while but everyone I know who uses him rates him very highly, only downside is that last time I used him he didnt have courtesy bikes

You're not far from me and Mr QGP, so hopefully see you for a blat or a cuppa at the Ace Cafe some time?
Old 14-11-2006, 09:26 PM   #11
zxebeast

Good one. Got 3 now.

Quote:

You're not far from me and Mr QGP, so hopefully see you for a blat or a cuppa at the Ace Cafe some time?
Love a good ride, love the Ace and love good company so hope we can catch up. Im on the saddle most rainless weekends, usually round the south east but off to Ostend in 2 weeks.

Old 15-11-2006, 06:56 AM   #12
kaysee

TNT motorcycles is now called APC motorcycles.
Old 22-11-2006, 09:03 PM   #13
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Location: Carving a slice thru the braindead masses..(pun intended)
Bike: M900
Is this a bad time to mention the time i went to Daytona Ruislip and had my forks off and when riding home found that only 3 out of all the required bolts were actually done more than finger tight? I hear things might have changed now, but they did have some right monkeys working there a couple of years ago. Parts guys are uber cool though...
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #14
Invizz

A service I'd recommend

I thought I'd bump up this post for Bill Bailey who did a few jobs on my 620 after I found his name here. Thanks to original posters.

Personal one on one service from someone who knows what they're talking about (30 years experience) and decent rates. Same numbers as above.