UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Insurance help

Old 11-07-2016, 09:48 PM   #16
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentgent View Post
When I wrote to the Police, I included in the report failure to stop at the scene of an accident etc etc etc......
As I alluded to before, and I could be wrong but I think on private land it doesn't count as a traffic incident, therefore failure to stop would not apply. Even if on public road and if no injury to person I don't think police are obliged to attend.
If private land and he'd left his name and address it would become a civil matter but as he (she) damaged your property and left the scene it could be crim dam and therefore a criminal matter. Police I think must then attend and assign number, make report etc.

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:27 PM   #17
Kentgent

Yeah I understand....I put Criminal Damage in my report too.....amongst other things.....(I was a little, shall we say 'unhappy' Didn't make a blind bit of difference.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:21 PM   #18
Dirty
Bockloks

I just looked it up. No obligation to attend a scene of minor criminal damage. You can insist on it being logged though and get a crime number.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:23 PM   #19
Dirty
Bockloks

Sorry Saint

I'd say they probaly have to pay up and if you cover your self via the assessor and estimates etc you should be on solid ground. That said doing that makes it easier for them to kick up and delay etc. It's a risk at the end of the day. Do you want to take that risk?

Old 12-07-2016, 07:31 AM   #20
Wildfire

Personally I would play it safe and not repair the bike at your own costs. If the other insurance can wriggle out of paying for any reason they will. even if their client is charged etc. with road rage. I would contact both insurance companies. Get names, times etc.

That said when an idiot went into the back of me, I did tell my insurance that my bike was ok to ride, but damaged, they still paid out. But that was black and white, the guy jumped out and told the police "I was looking right, saw a gap so I went. There was a bang and the bike was still in front of me. It was his fault, he should have gone."
Old 12-07-2016, 08:03 AM   #21
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Bike: Multiple Monsters
My problem is so far no 3rd party so I could potentially be waiting for months before anything moves.

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote