UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » O2 sensor eliminators fitted

Old 14-05-2014, 08:25 PM   #91
wezrvf

I have the same symptoms as you, the light flashes on quick decel but then goes off straight away. I have had a service since fitting these and they ran it throughout the computer and no errors flagged so guess it is just a small glitch.

I have the Termis and DP ECU and thought I would take the eliminator a off to see if I notice any difference and there certainly was. It wasn't as smooth low down even with the ECU. I noticed it most on deceleration. With the eleminators fitted it revs down steady and constant, with out them it judders on the deceleration. Defo less popping and banging without them though.

Think I will fit them again !
Old 10-06-2014, 12:09 PM   #92
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Update

When I first fitted the eliminators, I tested the bike at low (built-up areas) speed & found the bike ran better. However, at 'normal' speeds it ran like a dog - missing, backfiring and huge power lags (not good for overtakes). The seller sent me replacements in case the first set were faulty. The second set were exactly the same so I have sent them back.

It seems there are two bikes on the forum that don't run well with them fitted.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:18 PM   #93
Cobra88

Hi Brd

try and leave the eliminators on for a couple of hundred miles so the ecu can relearn with them fitted.

the ecu on the bike has to adapt to the new perameters over a couple of hundred miles so give it a little while.

mine was fairly lumpy for about 250 miles then smoothed out.

Might not on yours but worth a try.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:34 PM   #94
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra88 View Post
Hi Brd

try and leave the eliminators on for a couple of hundred miles so the ecu can relearn with them fitted.

the ecu on the bike has to adapt to the new perameters over a couple of hundred miles so give it a little while.

mine was fairly lumpy for about 250 miles then smoothed out.

Might not on yours but worth a try.
I can see how that might work but tbh I was quite worried that that there was a chance that the backfire and misses might do some serious damage so I removed them as soon as possible.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:44 PM   #95
Black Bob

Weird.

My misfires and lurching were totally cured by these things, and the only side effect has been the engine management light coming on after a prolonged deceleration on a closed throttle. A few seconds on the gas again and it will go out.

I've had them on for 6,000 miles, and there's no way I'd take them off again.
Old 14-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #96
vegnomeat

Had them fitted for months now, wouldn't change them for anything.