UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » lincoln burton rd. shell garage

Old 13-06-2017, 05:13 PM   #1
smiffyraf1
Silver Member

Bike: M1000ie
lincoln burton rd. shell garage

having a blast out this afternoon bedding my new tyres in and as am filling up hear a distinctive sound. know what it is before i see it and then pulls in behind me at the fuel pump! the old shape monster. getting rarer and rare to see in the wild but this wasnt just any monster! an Ex-s4 challenge race bike with next to no miles on the clock. amazing.
Colin, the rider is already a member of the forum but has been encouraged to frequent more often.

smiffyraf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #2
Strokersmoke

Bike: S4
Encouragement!

It was good to meet a fellow enthusiast and your encouragement prompted me to log on to the forum again, so I was pleased to see the post.
As it was my first trip out of the year, I took it nice and steady and had a run around through the Wolds. It's surprising how easily you forget over the winter just how loud the termis are!
I see that there is another thread on the Challenge bikes, so I hope to contribute.
Hope to meet up again.
Colin
Strokersmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 03:53 PM   #3
alan s4

Bike: S4 challenge
Welcome back from a fellow S4 Challenge owner. Out of interest are you still running with the original reg/rect? I had years of trouble starting/charging/overheating with mine, changed to a yamaha mofset and has been transformed ever since. No more "will she won't she" when you press the starter button
alan s4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 04:20 PM   #4
Strokersmoke

Bike: S4
The simple answer is that I don't know. When I bought it from Italia Moto Lincoln, it only had the running in mileage on as it was an unused reserve bike for the race series. They had to do a full mechanical restoration as it had been dry stored and not used and I know that they had to fit quite a lot of new parts.
I've added less than 2000 miles in just over two years and it hasn't missed a beat yet, but I do keep it on an Optimate!
Strokersmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 09:37 PM   #5
Maggsy

Bike: M696
What a lovely pair!
Maggsy is offline   Reply With Quote