UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Fuels & Oils » Fuel hose Wurth ID7.5 rubber exterior

Old 15-01-2023, 08:59 AM   #1
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Fuel hose Wurth ID7.5 rubber exterior

I need more Wurth hose but they dont supply non trade anymore ,they have stock but wont sell it to me dirrrr.,

The stuff I use is wurth 7.5mm ID 13mm OD nitrile braided hose with outer smooth rubber sheath to DIN 73379 spec . No one else makes hose to this size all are less flexible and have 8mm ID and or cotton outer sheath and are 15mm OD

Cant finish bike until i have more ,,

Or an alternative manufacturer or supplier but none of my searches has found one .
Old 15-01-2023, 10:02 AM   #2
Brian.

Bike: M750
Do you think they would give you a name of a local trade customer who they supply, who might be prepared to sell you some? Or a motor factor, or plant repair company who'd supply you?

Sorry if this is stating the obvious and you have already been down this route.

Brian.
Brian. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2023, 01:10 AM   #3
jerry
Old Git

I have approached several garages and factors but none have it in stock used to be able to get it on Ebay but nobody selling the size I need or only the exterior stiff cotton braided stuff ,, its infuriating have found some alternative makers but they all use 15mm Outside diameter which makes it too thick
Old 16-01-2023, 01:23 AM   #4
jerry
Old Git

The wurth warehouse at Crawley has the hose I need in stock but they only sell it in 50m roll and they wont cut it also they are very rude and wont deal with me as im not a trade registered customer ... Its the best damn hose out there ..
Old 16-01-2023, 07:10 AM   #5
Nasher

Bike: M900
Jerry

I've just popped an email over to our Wurth account manager to see if he can help.

Unfortunately I've already discovered the new Wurth 'rules' as despite being a trade customer they won't let me pay with my personal or even company credit card these days, it has to be via PO and credit terms.
Also unfortunately there is no way I'd get a PO etc through our system either these days.

I don't hold out a lot of hope that our account manager can help, but it's worth a try.
I might even consider buying a 50M reel and selling it by the meter on Ebay. Discounted on here of course
Old 16-01-2023, 08:03 AM   #6
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I've got a feeling Carl Harrison keeps that hose. I've bought high-spec hose from him in the past.

Worth a call anyway 01379 852020

I've never liked Wurth. They treat their reps like dirt and only have one object in mind, profit, whatever it takes.
Old 16-01-2023, 12:49 PM   #7
jerry
Old Git

I have been doing more research and may have found an alternative hose of same spec made by Continental ID7.5 OD 12.5mm 2 internal braids and rubber outside to SAE R7 spec or DIN 73379 with no cotton , also very flexible and cheaper than the wurth hose , I think the supplier is on fleabay UK too I will probably order 5m need it for the S4 its so narrow and convoluted hose paths that thicker hoses rub on everything and wont loop around Injectors, loom, fuse box and frame tubes its very cramped in there and will have some spare for doing the 750ss restoration

im also fitting quick connects to make it easier to service .

Wurth seem to be doing themselves no favours , they have some excellent products but make it hard to access ,, Same in Thailand used to buy direct and they also had many retailers but now new policy they only supply trade and most retailers no longer stock the products ????
Old 17-01-2023, 08:30 AM   #8
alan s4

Bike: S4 challenge
Hi Jerry, if you can post a link for the replacement hose that would be great.
alan s4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2023, 01:09 PM   #9
jerry
Old Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan s4 View Post
Hi Jerry, if you can post a link for the replacement hose that would be great.
I will once I get some delivered and check the quality