UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » I adore her! But I may have broken her. Possible major engine problem??

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #1
neilo

I adore her! But I may have broken her. Possible major engine problem??

After 3 years and 8 months of blissful riding, Mevo seems to have developed an issue that I don’t think is normal…

The only way to describe it is some kind of knocking/clunking sound coming from the engine – metal on metal that can be felt right through the bike.

Looking around on the web a few terms seem to come up that propose a similar sound…knocking, piston slap, etc, but I’m not convinced this is the issue…although I’m no expert to say the least.

It is intermittent, and only seems to appear during idle or deceleration at low revs. Pulling the clutch in has no effect on it at all.

The performance of the bike is still 100% as far as I’m aware… Still pulls like stink!!

I’ve booked the bike in to Woods for them to have a look/listen to it, and seeing as it’s due a major service in a few months I’ve asked them to do this at the same time too…

Any initial thoughts from the more learned members on this forum? Mevo has got a 1100 2v motor.