UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Another new Monster owner

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
Matt

Another new Monster owner

Hi there, Im Matt and I recently bought this 06 695 Monster

It came to me as a one owner, 12,000 mile bike. It looks like its fallen over once as there are some scruffs on the bar end and brake reservoir. The tank looks like its been repainted too as its blistering up in a few places but I don't mind. I sort of have plans to change it up a little. Maybe go for a matte black base with gold details, a bit like a 900ss, with a nice retro Ducati logo for good measure. Some shorter wider exhausts, may drop the mirrors, maybe a belly pan and if I really push the boat out some GT classic wheels, but that could just be a bit of a pipe dream.

As you can see it didn't come with the original pipes and as a result, well at least I think as a result, the fuelling is really lumpy around 4500rpm. Its okay when giving it some stick, but it really doesn't like a constant throttle so some originals are on the cards in the meantime to.

The bike was initially bought as a bike to ride into and out of Central London on, so I got heated grips put on for good measure. I'd been using a using a ZX7R until June and then as that was nicked on a visit to Birmingham, for the last four mouths I was commuting on this instead

Some of you may already know me from the Ducati Forum where I admin (please dont hate me for it) and I also run ,my own website www.headbehindthebubble.com. I can be found on Facebook too and I'll try and add some links into my signature.

Hopefully I'll make a welcome addition to the community
Take care, see you around the forum
Matt