UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Biker Friendly Cafes/Hotels etc » France ( nice to caen)

Old 11-05-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
mad_turnips

France ( nice to caen)

hi

my mrs is spending the summer studying languages in france and spain and her last stop is Nice in end of september she is then riding ( sucki voulsia 800) from there to Caen to get the ferry back can anyone help with the route and/ or places to stay trying to avoid as many toll roads as pos

cheers
Matt
Old 11-05-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
scrumpster

Mad my dad is the man to speak to, he goes down to Spain through France twice a year is now 75 and has been doing it for at least 30 years, he avoids toll roads as he has a long wheel based van so get stung. has just set off for Spain a couple of days ago but on his return will have a chat. I know he goes down through the Loire usually. Got a mate in the Loire but she may be back by then. Lots of motels in France though, may be a good option and possibly even camp in September? The Municipal sites are good and cheap!
Old 13-05-2008, 07:55 AM   #3
stef

depending on when it is, she can stay at mine, 20km south of caen...
if i cant accomodate, i can always find her a cheap hotel. i stayed in the formule un (F1) hotel in caen once before. very cheap no frill hotel.

as to which roads to use to avoid tolls ?
i recommend a thourough search on tinternet.
(viamichelin)
but she will struggle to stay off the mways on such a long journey.
i'd say it's a 12h trip using mways, and over 22h using free roads.