UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » 1997 Monster 600m for sale

Old 14-09-2017, 04:20 PM   #1
NJJ56

1997 Monster 600m for sale

I have a Ducati 600M Monster for sale, P reg 1997 I have owned it since 1999, as the second owner but recently have not ridden it much as I no longer regularly commute into work.
Essentially it needs to be ridden more regularly and owned by somebody who will ride it as it needs and deserves, it also needs some TLC especially cosmetically.
Early in my ownwership it was knocked over in a bike park and was on it's side for some time, some acid leaked from the battery and has marked the LH side crankcase and frame.
Also though this bike is generally a runner at the moment it is not firing properly on the front cylinder at the moment, this is probably being caused by the ignition coil or the wiring which being just under the tank and may have corroded, I am hoping to fix this ASAP.
It has had a a new sprocket and chain set recently(roughly 250 miles ago) and
new front indicators and side panel. It has various cosmetic defects: a dent in left side front of the tank where the handlebar stop failed to work properly , a cracked instrument/light panel, small crack in the seat tail cover.
Has done 24000 miles and I have comprehensive set of MOT's to show this.
As a project goes it is fairly staightforward for an enthusiast with a garage or workshop. It mostly needs cleaning up and I would love it to go to someone who would give it the TLC it needs.
I am unsure what value to put on it but was thinking of between £ 500 - 750.
I also have a paddock stand and some old racing pipes to go with it.
It is also datatagged and I have all the original documentation and manual service booklet etc.incl the bill of the previous owner buying it new.
It can be seen in NW London if anybody is interested.
I have photos if wanted the size you can upload to thread is too small to see anything in detail.
Old 14-09-2017, 08:25 PM   #2
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Give Dookbob a pm, he might be interested.

Also .. racing pipes ?
Not a 2 into 1 system by any chance ?
A long shot perhaps but if so, I might be interested in adapting that to my 750.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 10:45 AM   #3
NJJ56

Thanks I will do that.
Sorry, they are individual pipes, anyway they a bit knackered and too noisy for the street, which is why I had to replace them.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:05 PM   #4
NJJ56

Thanks to Mark64 I have solved the misfire and Bike is now working on both cylinders.
It now needs regular riding and probably a professional service. So just just the cosmetic probs to sort out you would have a classic early monster.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:00 PM   #5
Moco1961

any pics you could post up ??
Old 06-10-2017, 04:45 PM   #6
NJJ56

Give me your email address by PM and could send you some.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:04 AM   #7
NJJ56

The bike has now gone to Fireman Sam for renovation and update.
Thanks to all who contacted me and showed interest.

Tags
low mileage, monster600, project, sale