UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Let the transformation begin!

Old 01-05-2004, 04:01 PM   #16
Keabs

Looking good

Looks very nice, Celeste.
Mine's blue too - at least it is now. Just got the tank and flyscreen back from Extreme Racepaints in Wellingborough today, where they've been transformed from Yellow to blue. As the seat cover and mudguard on mine ar CF I didn't get them painted. Pics to follow (if it ever stops raining . . .)
Old 01-05-2004, 04:13 PM   #17
queen_gpants

I'm really pleased with them and glad I got those now as they really go well with the silver frame and wheels.

I'm going to limit the carbon to hugger and front mudguard and get a blue bellypan and aluminium engine fittings.

Look forward to seeing pics of your lovely blue baby
Old 01-05-2004, 04:53 PM   #18
Keabs

and here it is. It's a slightly lighter shade of blue than the standard Duke colour, and it's really bright in sunlight. I wanted a shade that you couldn't mistake for black at a distance but without being too light. I think this is a good compromise.

Seen the faux Termi's? Amazing how a fiver to Monstershop transforms a set of plain marvings, eh?

Bellypan? Hmmm, maybe to hide that rusty brown exhaust, but then It'll have to be painted. . .

MKDUKE1

MKDUKE2
Old 01-05-2004, 05:04 PM   #19
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Get some solvol autosol on the underpipes and a fine nylon scourer .It will bring them back to stainless with little effort.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 05:07 PM   #20
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Talking Clean exhausts

My underpipes wer that crappy brown road **** the other week .Their not as good as i could get them but youll notice the difference
Old 01-05-2004, 06:46 PM   #21
Keabs

Cheers fer that Albie, and a fine set of Sils you've got there
Old 01-05-2004, 08:16 PM   #22
queen_gpants

That's a nice colour Keabs, you could get away with a carbon belly pan as you have the carbon engine casing and mudguard.

Nice trick with the termi stickers, haven't you got Marvings stamped on the end of the can or have you rubbed that off?
Old 01-05-2004, 09:08 PM   #23
Keabs

It's mine, I'll rub it as fast as I like!

Yeah, they're still there, but cunningly hidden by the indicators. Maybe someday when I do the chop on the teatray and fit different indi's I'll give it a rub, but for now they're well hidden.

BTW - have you been able to get your noise killers out? I found that a few minutes with a dremel tool ground out the extra weld around the allen bolt. The noise killers also fit well underneath the seat so you can carry them around with you in case Plod catches you - "oh, sorry officer, I must have forgotten to replace them after my last track day" . . . .

Last edited by Keabs; 01-05-2004 at 11:20 PM..
Old 01-05-2004, 09:41 PM   #24
celt

hi levels

what make and how much were the hi levels Celeste?
Old 02-05-2004, 06:36 PM   #25
queen_gpants

After riding with the baffles in today I quite like them, they're louder than the originals but not deafening like the Termi's on my 888

I will take them out just to see how they sound but I managed to round off one of the screws! I've got s Dremel so I'll try using that first and then a larger allen key.

Celt - the cans are Marvings and I got them from Spareshack £470
Old 04-05-2004, 04:59 PM   #26
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Went out on mine for the first time mon morning after fitting sils.They are bit noisy. I can live with that. Ear Plugs thats what i need.Think the last person removed baffles ??. Mind you the clutch is just as noisy . FANTASTIC !!!!!!!! People just sit and watch it at traffic lights. The washing machine syndrome.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:29 PM   #27
DesmoDog

Keabs, nice colour, Queen - nice job. I saw a pale blue monnie in our local dealers the other day - bit like the blue that Alfa Romeo use - sounds awful, but looked very good. Had the retro Ducati sign on the tank. Problem was it was a sprayed dark, and I'm not sure how long a paint job on a dark tank would last??
Old 14-05-2004, 11:24 PM   #28
peteS4

i'm running an s4 with high level carbon termigs........ if anyone is going to fit high cans, get carbon if you can afford, it retains far less heat than metal cans so you dont burn your pillions thighs............. i can blast flat out for over an hour, get off and grab both carbon cans in my hands with no problems........... very warm but doesnt take off any skin.......... where as metal would do alot of damage......... if you know what i mean
Old 14-05-2004, 11:34 PM   #29
M900Dom

Quote:
Originally posted by Albie
Get some solvol autosol on the underpipes and a fine nylon scourer .It will bring them back to stainless with little effort.
Or go to

www.jppolishing.co.uk

and get them like this :

HTH
Dom

Last edited by M900Dom; 14-05-2004 at 11:36 PM..
Old 15-05-2004, 07:52 AM   #30
Keabs

BLING !!!!