UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » Monster en francais

Old 24-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Monster en francais

Well here I am in my regular haunt of Carcassonne and saw a lovely Monster today in the new part of the city. I don't really care who owns it, I was sitting in the sunshine eating lemon ice cream getting meself a base tan and even though I think it would be incredibly nice to bring my bike here, it's also incredibly nice to be able to wear sunshiney clothes and flip flops and drink at lunchtime!

It's 34 degrees here today and I am off for an evening swim outside tonight and to sample the local bier.

Hope everybody else is having an equally nice time in the squally rain. Ooooh sometimes I can just be a little smuggy twat.

xx

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Nothing wrong with anything you said their, though I'd be very tempted to wear my sunshiney clothes and a flip-flops and still ride.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Sure could JP, everybody else does it. You can spot a British biker a mile off, they'e the ones in leather suits!

Saw a 1098s as well today but didn't even realise that was what it was as it had standard pipes on. How dull.

Old 24-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
MrsJel

Lovely - was in Carcassonne only last week on the monster (the old part). It was very hot - even though we were in jeans and light jackets you'd have still spotted us at brits! Enjoy.

Carole
Old 24-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
Nonnie
Dipstick!

You could have stayed with my parents Carole, the guest house is up and running now.

Carcassonne really is a lovely place. Just got back from a walk around the castle at dusk to see the sun set. Tres jolie. Ooooh look I can parle French innit.

Old 24-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #6
Arbeia

I just came back from athens on wednesday and lots of monnies there. Mind you they have the weather for it.
Old 24-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
Julie

hey nonnie
Hope you're having a great time - we were in catalonia last week and yes you can spot a brit biker in Oxford kit and leathers!

We are riding over to Pyrennese next year and may stay with your parents.

I'll get in touch with you once we know the dates,

Have fun stay cool

xx
Old 24-07-2009, 11:20 PM   #8
Bodybag

Bonjour Nonnie, funny, but I've been listening to Michel Thomas for the last couple of days trying to brush up on my French. I can now ask where you'd like to go for dinner with me this evening. Other than that, my french is quite poor!!

Enjoy Carcassonne, I used to live up the road in Toulouse. I love that area of France.

Old 25-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #9
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Hey Jooooo

We went to Andorra day before yesterday. Now that would have been excellent on the bike. The closer we got to the mountayns the more bikes we saw. In the first town you come to there, we went inside a Dainese shop to check out the price of stuff, sadly, only about 40 euro difference. The only things cheaper are booze and fags.

Nice trip up and down there though, it was still hot even at the top and absolutely baking at normal level.

You'll love my parents place. I'm up on the roof terrace, it's hot hot hot and I can't think of anywhere nicer right now. I'm havng a coffee and listening to the birds. Off to a lake today for more swimming and doing nothing. Pick up a baguette on the way and don't i look French?!

Old 25-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #10
LVC
The Loire Valley Monster

Bike: S4
Always pleased to see plenty of Brit bikers over here and happy that the worldwide crises hasn't seemed to dampen the enthusiasm we have for enjoying the French roads

Got drenched last night at Le Mans - but dried out on the short blast back to home

Getting wet over here always reminds me of those hours I spent in the rain in the UK commuting to London on my old TDM - then I look around and see no cars, no buses, no potholes and a monster between my legs and I start grinning
Old 25-07-2009, 09:24 AM   #11
BluprintZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVC View Post
Getting wet over here always reminds me of those hours I spent in the rain in the UK commuting to London on my old TDM - then I look around and see no cars, no buses, no potholes and a monster between my legs and I start grinning
I feel exactly the same about the Welsh mountains here...apart from the cars, buses and potholes but yes, the Monster makes it just about bearable.

Hey Nonnie, i did a search for Carcassonne on da net, beautiful place you jammie sod. LOL.
Not sure about the rest of the UK but this is the third day of glorious sunshine here...i'm trying to convince myself that we're having it as good as you are over there...but it's not working!

G ; )
Old 25-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #12
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
I visited Andorra 3yrs ago whilst motorcycling across the Pyrennes, we went from Barritz(Atlantic coast ) to Perpignan ( med coast) taking 4 days and 13 mountain passes, the highest pass was in Andorra at over 13000 ft, the roads up to and out of Andorra were spectacular, although the horses wondering around on the roads were disconcerning! Coming round a bend at a fair lick and finding 1tonne of horse in the road, was interesting!!!
I have'nt been to Carseconne for about 17yrs but the memory of walking around the battlements still stays with me. That whole region of s/w France is beautful, Bezier,
Agde, Pezenas, they are interesting old towns, Nonnie hurry up and come back to rainy Norfolk, your making me jealous!
Old 25-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #13
MrsJel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
We are riding over to Pyrennese next year
We were in france/catalunya/basque country ridng over pyrennees during last 2 weeks we only did a small part really still much more to see. wish we'd known about your parents nonnie, we realised we were trying to go too far that day from clermont ferrand to roses (spain) via carcassonne. could have done with stopping overnight in carcassonne to settle down. Will know in case we go there again.

Carole
x
Old 26-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #14
Liz
Co-ordination

Bike: S2r
Oh, how jealous am I? I love France and would love to ride over there on my bike! Nice weather itself would be a bonus!
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote