UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi from Aberdeen

Old 03-12-2015, 10:52 PM   #1
Alimacdee4

Hi from Aberdeen

Hi all,
thought I would say hello, I'm a first time Ducati owner M750ie 02 model 9000mls, purchased in August, really enjoying the bike, very different from previous bikes, I recently owned a couple of Hornets and a CBR600 but find the Ducati delivers much more, very entertaining always leaves a smile!, so decided to keep this one!
Found the forum great reading so far and hope to get some advice on a few other things including Valves.
Already completed a few modes to suit me including ST2 center stand, Givi rack and clutch cover repainted with smooth hamerite, Belts changed, Oil and filter. Found the forum a great help with these. I know the Givi rack doesn't really suit the look of this bike but find it very useful!
So looking forward to being a member here.
Ally

https://www.flickr.com/photos/13416261@N03/

Last edited by Alimacdee4; 03-12-2015 at 11:16 PM..
Old 04-12-2015, 06:26 AM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
hello and welcome to the madhouse
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:53 AM   #3
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Oooh, a blue 'un.
Mine's blue (now) too.
Gotta love a blue 750.
Welcome.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 01:13 PM   #4
Drumnagorrach

Fit like neighbor.
Just down the road from you between keith and Banff. maybe see you in the hills when the salt has abated a bit, compare notes on the flawed masterpiece that is Ducati .
Old 04-12-2015, 02:20 PM   #5
Nottsbiker

Welcome mate
Old 04-12-2015, 04:45 PM   #6
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Hello and welcome Ally.

I have an ST2 stand that I have tried very hard to fit and failed...Did you have to alter yours to fit or did it go on fairly easily?
Old 04-12-2015, 09:04 PM   #7
Alimacdee4

Nae bad at a' must doo and cheers for the comments and welcome from you "fellow Ducati owners"... never thought I'd ever say that!

Gazza
It needed a fair bit of Grinding to the two mounting brackets to get them to clear the exhaust underneath, I kept grinding away till they were clear, then and I made a simple exhaust hanger bracket because the standard ones no longer work, that had me perplexed a wee bit, then I moved an existing spacer either side to match the slightly altered footrest hanger position.. I decided to cut of the stand lever, It fitted really well and I only needed a Bench grinder to complete. should have taken some pics.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #8
dacs

That's an excellent choice you've made there,
2002 750 i.e.,
Still got it's tea tray
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for reminding me I need to do something about the scabby finish on the clutch cover on my 750 i.e!
Old 04-12-2015, 09:31 PM   #9
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Hats off to you Ally for beating it into submission...I've given up with it a few times.

I am also trying to incorperate it with the floating rear brake torque rod which competes for a mounting point.
I can't see how the exhaust brackets would interfere though...You mean the silencer brackets?..Presumably the legs foul them when retracted?
Old 04-12-2015, 10:52 PM   #10
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Hello and welcome

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:10 AM   #11
Alimacdee4

many thanks for the welcome.

Gazza
The main stand itself clears the pipes and silencers and fits perfect no mods needed, up or down, its those two mounting bracketsjust need a bit of grinding, get those to fit first, once they're clear, then offer up the main stand to see how it looks, on my flickr link the 34th photo shows the exhaust bracket mounting point and the little bracket I made, I also used the rubber center from the original bracket to go under my bracket next to the exhaust bracket! I can try and photo a bit more of the stand and brackets in relation to the exhaust.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:48 AM   #12
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Thanks for the encouragement Ally....I must have another look later in the Winter and get the brackets fitting for starters.
Every time I've investigated fitting it, I have decided that it's a job for another day after about ten minutes of wrestling..

Sorry, my PC won't have anything to do with flickr...It needs upgrading with some cemtex.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:19 AM   #13
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Dunno why I'm posting this but Aberdeen .. I remember from my oil-rig days that psilocybin mushrooms used to grow abundantly on the roundabouts on the main road into the town.
Not that I picked very many, but .....
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:50 AM   #14
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

I couldn't download the originals without setting up a flickr account, which I don't really want. Hope these help?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:29 PM   #15
boris
More Tools!

Greetings too from Forres. I hope you manage to do a good bit of 'bonding' before the season's progress is upon you. The first snow and salt was down here last week so I thought that was it, however the deluge over the last few days is making it 'do-able' again! There's a great forum in here so dip in anytime..