UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Faster by Design - anyone know them?

Old 30-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
littlejimmy12

Faster by Design - anyone know them?

Anyone used these guys, orderd some bar end mirros from them 9 days ago and apart from a generic email order confirmation nothing has turned up. Knowone answers my phone calls, returns my messages or replies to my emails.

Now starting to think I;ve been ripped off

anyone had a previous dealings??
Old 30-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
dlloyduk

Not had any dealings with them but they are a mate of someone on here I recall. I.ll do a search round and see if I can find who it is.
Old 30-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #3
littlejimmy12

nice one cheers
Old 30-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
dlloyduk

Here you go.
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...esign+discount
Old 30-03-2009, 09:01 PM   #5
dlloyduk

Try PM'ing Roberto and ask if he can help out. I,m not sure if he is still around or not as he has not logged on for quite a while.
Old 31-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #6
littlejimmy12

Well thats 10 days since I handed over my hard earnt dosh to these guys and nothing has turned up!! no answer to the many calls and no responses to many messages and emails. Either there is something seriously wrong with thier coms or I've been ripped off.
Old 31-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
littlejimmy12

call from the Danny the owner today, apologetic and as a token of goodwill is sending out a more expensive mirror.

a happy end
Old 07-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #8
littlejimmy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejimmy12 View Post
call from the Danny the owner today, apologetic and as a token of goodwill is sending out a more expensive mirror.

a happy end

I would like to correct my earlier overly optomistic post, 16 days on and still no sign of order, despite giving my card details over the phone to the owner a week ago. Spoke to him this morning and he said he's call me back and so far no call. Now he's not answering the phone again

I have cancelled the order and for all of you out there I highly recommend you dont use these guys. 16 days to get a f******g bar end mirror - rediculous. Whilst I'm at it, 3 weeks and counting to get Rizoma Clip Ons from Adrenlin Motor Sales and 10 days so far to get sproket cover and crank case cover from Spareshack. Scottoiler - 48 hrs delivery!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whats wrong with these suppliers so they just not like repeat business??? crazy :Furi ous:
Old 07-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #9
muthaducka

Bike: M1200R
I've found poor communication to be a common failing of many suppliers and the negative effect severely under-estimated.

It really gets on my needle - nothing worse than 'radio silence'. I just tried phoning them for the crack - voicemail!

GL with finding a speedy alternative
Old 07-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #10
littlejimmy12

its a joke, just don't get how someone stays in business when they never answer the phone, I am in the process of cancelling the orders and starting again, not going to get back the 2-3 weeks I've been waiting for stuff though, to top off the faster by desgin guy hasn't even put the order though according to my back statement - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 07-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #11
muthaducka

Bike: M1200R
I'd phone my card company and put a blocker on the value quoted from the company (find registered company address on companies house) and then order from somewhere else.

Make sure your cancellation is sent by email.

There are some silver clip-ons advertised in the for sale section as a speedy 'in stock' solution.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #12
littlejimmy12

just got an email response, apparently he's just posted off 'replacement' mirror this alvo - yea right moe like forgot to do it in the first place!!
Old 06-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #13
littlejimmy12

More crap service by FBD - people don't use this company. I fogot about the run around they gave me the first time I should've done a search on UMOC before spending more money with them. Its the same old story - no product, no anser to my calls and no reply to emails and to rub salt in the wound they are still and have been even yesterday trading on ebay. Absolut joke
Old 06-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #14
Qba

I'm in a simmilar position. Ordered some alpinestars boots from... Germany, Fc Moto. I couldn't find it here. That was well over 3 weeks ago and silence. What a crap.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:12 PM   #15
littlejimmy12

If they don't get in touch I'm going to issue a claim, not bothered that its over a small amount I am sick of this company taking the ****. I can issue the claim myself so its not a problem to do - relaively straight forward.