UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Manchester » manchester/north west

Old 01-11-2017, 03:27 PM   #211
ChrisC2925

Bike: M600
Well if you can believe the weather forecast it looks fair for Sunday, any plans for a ride?
ChrisC2925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:53 PM   #212
Moco1961

Hi Chris, too early for me to call I am afraid, got some stuff I need to sort so looks like lockgate only for me, I will let you know if that changes.......... I will be on two wheels though if the forecast is that good !!
Old 01-11-2017, 04:05 PM   #213
Moco1961

.unless we bail from the lockgate and do the ellesmere bimble ??? BBC Weather gives rain at noon in chester area......... experience tells me its far too early to predict !!!
Old 03-11-2017, 07:17 PM   #214
Moco1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC2925 View Post
Well if you can believe the weather forecast it looks fair for Sunday, any plans for a ride?
Ok peeps...it's that time of month again, Sunday November 5th , monthly breaky meet at the lockgate, beeston 10.30 ....hope you all can make it.

Chris, I have been stalking the WF and it's giving showers am in the Chester area, if that changes we can do a bimble to Ellesmere , it would be great to have a ride out, will PM you probably Sunday morning first thing, if rain is the deal it looks like four wheels.

See you sunday
Old 03-11-2017, 08:38 PM   #215
buzzbomb
Gold Member

Bike: M1100s
Four wheels for mutley and me, free run over the new bridge...
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:52 PM   #216
ChrisC2925

Bike: M600
See you in the morning then on 2 or 4 wheels. If it's raining I can pick up Geoff & Mutley up in Widnes again. Need to be home in time for the battle of Stamford Bridge!
ChrisC2925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:19 AM   #217
Moco1961

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC2925 View Post
See you in the morning then on 2 or 4 wheels. If it's raining I can pick up Geoff & Mutley up in Widnes again. Need to be home in time for the battle of Stamford Bridge!
Well that was the easiest call of the year.....blowing a gale and rain horizontal !!!! That's 4 wheels for me too.......see you later for what will be our twelfth monthly meet.....
Old 05-11-2017, 12:47 PM   #218
Moco1961

Well despite the weather great turnout today guys, good to meet Aide too, always great to meet other members from the region.

Still got a lot of work to do on Andy I am afraid to make him loose the triumph, a slow burner that one !!

Hope everyone got back safe, chances of a mid month ride are slim but you never know, until next time amigos.......oh thanks for the deposits btw
Old 01-12-2017, 08:39 AM   #219
Moco1961

Talking

Ode to a Monthly meet...............

Soon comes around, the monthly meet
The Lockgate Cafe for a breakfast treat
Salty roads to travel near or far,
Sunday looks like travel by car.

It's the final one for the year,
So make an effort, there's nowt to fear !
Coffee and cakes that everyone likes,
When we're fed we talk about bikes !!

Hope to see you all Sunday..............

PS......tragically there has been a fire at the pie factory...............3.142 casualties !!
Old 03-12-2017, 12:50 PM   #220
Moco1961

Great turn out again today folks .....nice to greet another new face too.

For those who could not make it today the Lockgate is now our "official" meeting venue for the first Sunday in the month, Laura has even got hold of a vintage motorcycle painting to go alongside the sign that Geoff has produced to define "our corner".

Big thanks to Geoff for manufacturing the sign, brilliant job, I will take some pics of our corner once she has put them on the wall......a job best left to her, she should know where the plumbing and electrics are routed !!

So it's the Christmas meal next up, Pezz will post a venue for "prinks" and potential car parks, we are now up to 17 , should be a great night, see you there if not before
Old 04-12-2017, 06:50 PM   #221
buzzbomb
Gold Member

Good turnout today, sorry that I had to dash off but a lady in Scotland was waiting for me to pick up her beautiful 899 panigale.

Hopefully see you guys and gals on the 15th for our Christmas bash.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:51 PM   #222
Pezz

OK guys - two car parks one by the Marriott Hotel Queens Square on Whitechapel L1 1RH and the other is on Vernon Street L2 2HJ which is just behind Moorfields station which is where to get off if travelling by train Both are about the same 5 minute walk from Casa Italia on Stanley Street.

I reckon meet at the White Star a trad old pub just round the corner from the restaurant - its on Button Street that joins Matthew Street to Whitechapel. Will be easy enough to find

See you there in a couple of weeks
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:54 AM   #223
Moco1961

Thanks for the info Pezz, are these car parks accessible 24 hours or is there a "closing time " ??
Old 05-12-2017, 08:54 PM   #224
Pezz

both 24/7 - which as a reply is too short and needs to be more than 10 characters
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:11 AM   #225
Luxexterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post
Great turn out again today folks .....nice to greet another new face too.

For those who could not make it today the Lockgate is now our "official" meeting venue for the first Sunday in the month, Laura has even got hold of a vintage motorcycle painting to go alongside the sign that Geoff has produced to define "our corner".

Big thanks to Geoff for manufacturing the sign, brilliant job, I will take some pics of our corner once she has put them on the wall......a job best left to her, she should know where the plumbing and electrics are routed !!

So it's the Christmas meal next up, Pezz will post a venue for "prinks" and potential car parks, we are now up to 17 , should be a great night, see you there if not before
First Sunday in the month, our own corner! Great news, putting it on my calendar now.