UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » What's it worth - Monster Dark 900ie 2001

Old 11-06-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
jonno_c

What's it worth - Monster Dark 900ie 2001

Just trying to get an idea on value to be honest.

Ducati Monster Dark 900ie 2001 - 8500 miles. 3 Owners

In my ownership(4 years) I've had 2 big services (belts/ all fluids/ filters etc). One at Ducati Proteam, and 1 at Tagg Racing in Ashford.

Only mods are the BOS exhausts, Oberon mirrors and an LED brake light (have original mirrors/ brake light)

Tempted to sell, just to get something a tad smoother to ride ; )

Please tell me if this is the wrong place for this post!

Can't seem to upload pics ; (
Old 11-06-2018, 12:03 PM   #2
jonno_c

Old 11-06-2018, 12:16 PM   #3
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
There you go

Try using www.postimages.org and then paste the 'hotlinks for forums' into your post.

Nice looking Monster by the way

Oh! You beat me to it!!
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:27 AM   #4
jonno_c

Cheers Luddite - fancy buying her?!

Would north of £2k be a unrealistic price - I've not seen many of these around for sale, so it seems hard to work out a rough value.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:28 PM   #5
FLATTOP

Hi Jonno if that was mine and I was selling I would be looking for a minimum of £2500 but definitely trying to get £2800ish I sold a 98 carby 900 very low mileage for £2500 a few year back.

Those Bos exhausts are very nice I had them on my 900 you might want to consider selling them separate if you still have the standard ones.

Good luck with the sale and it’s just my opinion others may think differently.

Last edited by FLATTOP; 12-06-2018 at 12:31 PM..
Old 12-06-2018, 12:53 PM   #6
jonno_c

Cheers Flattop. In all honestly, I think she needs a new owner that can give her some love. She's sat in my garage for the last 4 years, and not done any miles, so it's pointless me owning it.

Cheers for the price input, would be interesting to see what anyone else thinks. If you want first dibs please shout ; )
Old 12-06-2018, 12:55 PM   #7
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
I look at the prices they sell for on ebay every now and then. There was a black one a few weeks back that I've seen come up several times- Black 900ie 17Kmiles- and that one was struggling to get over £1950. Yours does have lower miles and the weather is nicer now...

To me these bikes are beautiful, with a bit of tuning plenty rapid enough for real world road riding, and since they aren't worth much its better to keep than give away for next to nothing. The problem is they are perfect to spend money on customising all the facets to your personal taste. Mine makes me smile when I ride and broke the rest of the time!

Good with selling or keeping if you change your mind.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:13 PM   #8
jonno_c

They are indeed beautiful, but 2k is 2k, and that would be a decent deposit for a newer bike with a few more bits of tech etc. I'll probably be putting it up for sale in the near future, here first before the likes of eBay/ Bike trader etc!

Annoyingly, I can't find the bloody £650 invoice for the mega Ducati Proteam service 2 years ago! ; (
Old 12-06-2018, 02:23 PM   #9
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonno_c View Post
They are indeed beautiful, but 2k is 2k, and that would be a decent deposit for a newer bike with a few more bits of tech etc. I'll probably be putting it up for sale in the near future, here first before the likes of eBay/ Bike trader etc!

Annoyingly, I can't find the bloody £650 invoice for the mega Ducati Proteam service 2 years ago! ; (
You are right of course. Can you call Proteam and ask for a copy?
Old 12-06-2018, 03:15 PM   #10
jonno_c

Have chased them now!
Old 12-06-2018, 04:05 PM   #11
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Quote:
..... a decent deposit for a newer bike with a few more bits of tech etc. (
Fair enough if more tech is your thing but for me, there is already too much tech on modern bikes and I would prefer one with less.
On the price, I remember that Scrapps sold his two or three years ago and struggled to get £2k.
That was probably when their value was bottoming out though and prices have risen since then.
I'd say up to £2.5k would be about right, at this time of year.
But for that money, I'd keep it if it were mine.
utopia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:44 PM   #12
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Fair enough if more tech is your thing but for me, there is already too much tech on modern bikes and I would prefer one with less.
On the price, I remember that Scrapps sold his two or three years ago and struggled to get £2k.
That was probably when their value was bottoming out though and prices have risen since then.
I'd say up to £2.5k would be about right, at this time of year.
But for that money, I'd keep it if it were mine.
My thoughts entirely, I paid 2200 for mine 18 months or so back, I prefer less tech -less to go wrong!. I have no plans to sell, every intention to keep, improve and bimble about.

Up in the Peak District today - fantastic riding in the sunshine.
Old 13-06-2018, 08:57 AM   #13
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
But Jez you bought an M900 ie - which requires an ECU?
Electronics will be the the biggest cause of planned obsolescence over the next 10 years - but I am just a cynical old luddite
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 01:51 PM   #14
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TSS View Post
But Jez you bought an M900 ie - which requires an ECU?
Electronics will be the the biggest cause of planned obsolescence over the next 10 years - but I am just a cynical old luddite
I like easy starting, but as I bought a Ducati I had an idea that might be pie in the sky. Still I figured I might as well have all the help I can get. Plus I was worried about the carbs icing up on sunny afternoons when I'm out for a ride...

So I suppose that makes me a cynical old (Steve) Jobsite? LOL
Old 13-06-2018, 06:52 PM   #15
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:

To be fair no one should get excited it had a service two years ago as its now that matters. Things break or perish in that time. Folks just need to know its runs nice or what's wrong with it.
I think 2k is a good price for a bike that needs a service and a bit of touching up.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote