UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Servicing my 696 - London

Old 14-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
azarms

Servicing my 696 - London

Hi all,

I'm a relative newbie and my Monster 696 will need its first service soon. I bought the bike from Ducati Bristol but I live in London - any recommendations / experiences of ducati dealers in London?

Thanks
Old 14-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
well it has to be a main dealership for your warranty, so a quick search on the Ducati.co.uk site for London dealerships would be the best start depending on where you are in London.
I've used Metropolis in Vauxhall a number of times. Expensive at £90 an hour for labour and very mediocre servicce, but the nearest one to me.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
pegboy

could always give Rosso Corse (Ray or Marcus) a call and see what they say about the warrenty bit. They are very good and lots of people on here use them 020 7780 9764
Old 14-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
Scott1

The usual thumbs up for Rosso Corse from me, been using them for about six years and my bikes have usually come back feeling like new.
Old 14-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
J.P
No more Monster...

Not an authorised dealership for warranties though, that's the only reason not to use them, they're great otherwise.

Old 14-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #6
benaround

You may want to stay away from Red Dog in Potters Bar, although last I heard they were closing down, which is no accident given how terrible they were
Old 14-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #7
Diego

In warranty either Metropolis or Daytona Kings Cross. Pref Daytona Kings Cross considering all the horror stories online about Metropolis aftercare.

Out of warranty definately Rosso Corse.

Simpels!
Old 14-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #8
J.P
No more Monster...

Daytona Kings Cross are no longer a Ducati Dealership either, just maintenance for Ducati's old & new, and it's one bloke now too.

So basically, if you're in in London you've only got Metropolis.

Old 14-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #9
Funkatronic
another year another bike

Bike: S2r 1000
It might be worth checking but i thought that in law as long as the garage are competant and use original parts then this will not invalidate your warranty. i could be wrong though

i think pro twins are ducati authorised and they collect and deliver for free in the m25 even though they are in surrey

stay away from metroplois, daytona,

there is a new duc dealseship in corydon apparently but if pro twins can help then i would go with them

once its out of warranty id use Rosso Corse in bethnal green
MD racing in leatherhead surrey are also a good independant if you down that way or you can keep going with pro twins as they do a top job by all accounts
Funkatronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #10
markh

Take a ride to Snells in Alton, Hants. It's prob only an hours ride and they're great.
Old 14-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #11
bex

Rosso Corse can do a warranty service, they did mine at 7500miles and stamped the service/warranty book and all that malarky. I didn't think they were able to so I enquired first and found out they could.
Old 17-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #12
Paivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
Rosso Corse can do a warranty service, they did mine at 7500miles and stamped the service/warranty book and all that malarky. I didn't think they were able to so I enquired first and found out they could.
Who did you ask, though?

My scoot's got a full service history. Pity the first two years were by a garage who'd lost Piaggio's dealership but still claimed to be authorised. When it all went wrong, Piaggio duly washed their hands off it, landing me a bill of about a grand.

Moral of the story: anyone can stamp your book, but for these stamps to be valid, without a fight, the dealer has to be authorised.

My Monster was serviced by Brett at Daytona Kings Cross for two years, then Al at Ducati Proteam has been looking after it. The only other mechanics to get their dirty mitts on her have been the Baines brothers, and what they don't know about Ducatis ain't worth knowing.
Old 17-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #13
bex

Only asked RC, as I trust them and assume they wouldn't lie.

That said, assumptions are the mother of all **** ups and all that.

Still, I've had warranty work done since at Motorapido as it suited to go there at the time, with no probs at all. They also asked who had done the last bit of warranty work and said fine when I said Rosso Corse.
Old 17-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #14
rac3r

Daytona Kings Cross still do Ducati's, that's where Ducati UK sent my tank. They wouldn't send it to the Ruislip branch as they are no longer a Duc dealer
Old 17-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #15
azarms

Thanks for all the comments. I've booked it into Ducati in Croydon (used to be InMoto and they seem to have a good reputation). Seems it's the closest authorised dealer (other than Metropolis, which I am staying away from)