UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » SC Project

Old 07-02-2018, 05:31 PM   #1
Dave62

SC Project

I ordered a carbon oval can on 6th Jan and the web site said 5 to 15 days for production, well still no delivery no answer on the web site enquiry page and several foggy excuses during phone calls.
Finally got an email yesterday apologising for the delay and saying they require another 10 days to make my can.
This is a poor show and if not here by next weekend I will be after a refund.
Has anyone else had issues with SC Projects.

Dave
Old 07-02-2018, 07:19 PM   #2
Ron1000

Bike: M1100evo
My sc order was pretty speedy…the remus order however was 8 weeks.

Personally with the weather as it is I’d hold off cancelling until end of February. The are nice things and sound like thunder.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:26 PM   #3
Dave62

Cheers Ron spose I've waited this long.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:08 PM   #4
s4rmark

Bike: M1200R
Mine took 7 days , lovely exhausts and very well made. You won’t be disappointed.
s4rmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:33 AM   #5
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Mine took about 12 days. I would wait good company, quality kit and if you get GP can no louder can I found. Austin racing exhaust is quiet in comparison.

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:46 AM   #6
SteveG

My SC Carbon oval arrived within a week.. echo the other comments here. Great kit and a great price. They must just be busy.
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:14 PM   #7
Tim88

Bike: M1100evo
My SC Titanium oval arrived in less than a week. I have had it a couple of months now and the only issue is with the sticky 'SC' label which started to peel so I have removed it. Looks better without it I think. You have the option to put it on or not and they supply two so you can change your mind if you like.
Tim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:33 PM   #8
Dave62

Cheers for the replys lads as has been said I may as well wait and hope it's worth it.
Old 15-02-2018, 05:29 PM   #9
Dave62

So yesterday they told me its not gonna be ready till end of Feb so I cancelled, within an hour they replied saying it would be dispatched today. Praise the Lord lol.
Old 20-02-2018, 03:29 PM   #10
Dave62

Well today it finally arrived and is now fitted must say I'm very happy. It sounds nice baffle in or out.
Old 20-02-2018, 06:37 PM   #11
davkyt

Hurrah! The roads have finally dried up here so I've taken mine out for a blast tonight .. It's quite a lot louder than I expected when on the move... I'd of liked a little more rumble and pop on over run but I guess it's running better without that....
The bike seems to run perfectly so don't see the point of remapping
Old 20-02-2018, 07:14 PM   #12
SteveG

Quote:
Originally Posted by davkyt View Post
The bike seems to run perfectly so don't see the point of remapping
That’s what MotoRapido workshop guys advised when mine went in for a service with the SC on ( although they also said “unless you want more power / performance..”.) .... err, no thanks. I think it’s quite enough for me as it is...but that’s a different thread.

Glad the suns making an appearance and we’re getting to 10degs C days more often.. hope you enjoyed your blast
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 08:15 PM   #13
davkyt

There's got to be a good few hp more than stock.....I've never had the throttle all the way open tho so can't compare... And also really don't need any more.

Really looking forward the some warmer days.... I really enjoyed getting out earlier, its the first time I've been out with properly dry roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG View Post
That’s what MotoRapido workshop guys advised when mine went in for a service with the SC on ( although they also said “unless you want more power / performance..”.) .... err, no thanks. I think it’s quite enough for me as it is...but that’s a different thread.

Glad the suns making an appearance and we’re getting to 10degs C days more often.. hope you enjoyed your blast
Old 20-02-2018, 08:31 PM   #14
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Ducati motors seem to respond so well even to a bit of light tuning and although you may not gain any overall HP numbers you can easily make them better and in doing so you can make better use of what you have by making ligher anything that spins and is heavy as stock, like the clutch or alterator for example which will make the engine more responsive on the road.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote