UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Welcome to the UKMOC!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #121
dinozoff

new member from Herne Bay, Kent

Hi All, a great and informative site, so well done. Used to have a M900s but not been back in the saddle for 6yrs. Bought the M1100 in March and loving it. First decent ride out was last week to Rye and took girlfriend on her first ever pillion - she loved it luckily! In at the deep end as they say. Had evotech tailtidy fitted, and looking for some aftermarket cans if anyone has any suggestions please? Hope to meet some of you in the near future.
Thanks, Dean.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #122
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinozoff View Post
Hi All, a great and informative site, so well done. Used to have a M900s but not been back in the saddle for 6yrs. Bought the M1100 in March and loving it. First decent ride out was last week to Rye and took girlfriend on her first ever pillion - she loved it luckily! In at the deep end as they say. Had evotech tailtidy fitted, and looking for some aftermarket cans if anyone has any suggestions please? Hope to meet some of you in the near future.
Thanks, Dean.
Hi dean. You have Scrapps on your doorstep and plenty in Kent. I have an 1100s but Termis. There was not much around back then. The QD maxcone and other range of 2-1 pipes are a tad loud but if you neighbours are cool you will be ok. Rally nearly got an ASBO yeah really so he has Termis now. Depends on money and looks but MiVV or Leo Vince are decent. I believe Termi are the only ones which run the ECU but its only to even the midrange out. 1 -2 hp max more if that.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #123
dinozoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Hi dean. You have Scrapps on your doorstep and plenty in Kent. I have an 1100s but Termis. There was not much around back then. The QD maxcone and other range of 2-1 pipes are a tad loud but if you neighbours are cool you will be ok. Rally nearly got an ASBO yeah really so he has Termis now. Depends on money and looks but MiVV or Leo Vince are decent. I believe Termi are the only ones which run the ECU but its only to even the midrange out. 1 -2 hp max more if that.
Hi Albie, thanks for your advice and may have a look at the MiVV exhausts then. 2-1 are a no-no as live in a cul-de-sac and think we're the youngest couple here, so wouldn't go down to well! I'll have a look on ebay for them now. Thanks again.
Old 14-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #124
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Hi Dean, we;come to the club. Hopefully see you out and about as the Kent section of the club is pretty active, we meet the 2nd Sunday of each month of for a natter and a ride if possible.

Have a look at GPR Exhausts too. I have a set on my 1100 EVO and they are very nice.
http://www.gpr-motorcycle-exhausts.c...STER-1100.html

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #125
dinozoff

Thanks J.P. for the link - they look good. Yes, hope to meet up with some of you when the weather improves!
Old 06-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #126
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
New member saying Hi

Hi my name is Darren, I'm new here but not to Ducati ownership, I have owned my Monster for just over 2 years and also have a 748 for the past 13 years. Prior to that I have had both 750 and 900SS's so I consider myself Ducatisiti through and through. I also have a Laverda Mirage that I bought in boxes and I rebuit over about a 2 year period and a Triumph Trophy 900 that is still in pieces but I won't mention that again on here.

I thought I would join here so I could be more part of a community, share experiences, tips, technical stuff with other Monster owners. Maybe even get together for rides out with other local owners.
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #127
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69

I thought I would join here so I could be more part of a community, share experiences, tips, technical stuff with other Monster owners. Maybe even get together for rides out with other local owners.
that's the spirit, hello and welcome
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #128
rbt1548

Bike: M900sie
Hello

Hi All... Joined the forum as I am fairly close to buying a Monster, (still have some reservations though), and will be needing a bit of advice , and where better to get it from?
I have 2 other bikes at the moment, a 1965 BSA A65 Lightning Clubman and a 1992 Moto Guzzi 1000S.
Looking forward to the forum.
Cheers
Robert
rbt1548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #129
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Hello, good evening and welcome rbt

You've certainly come to the right place
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 08:19 PM   #130
Groovy748

Hi All,

Great site and full of knowledge.
I've had a few Ducatis in the past but always wanted a Monster so finally got a '93 M900.
Needs a bunch of work to look nice but busy changing bolts and cleaning it up so all advice gratefully received.
Trying to source the rubber cable ties used on the frame as well as the tiny self tapping screws used around the clocks.

All the best,

Pete (Bristol based)
Groovy748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 09:09 PM   #131
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Hi Groovy, welcome

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #132
pompone
MaleDucati

Hi and welcome Groovy. The rubber bands come in a few different sizes.
Old 22-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #133
Groovy748

rubber bands

Thanks for the welcome.
Was after the bands for the main frame just below the tank on the M900.
Any advice ?
Groovy748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:03 PM   #134
Macman900

Just want to say "Hi"

Just joined the UKMOC after having my Monster for about 17 years. Have never come across the site before so it's a new one for me. Got followed by a fellow rider while on my way home from work near Nottingham. He pulled along side at the lights mentioned the club/forum and the fact he was a Monster owner. And here I am. Looking forward to getting to know other riders of what is an awesome bike. Have had other Dukes (748SP, 600 Monster, 900 SS) and Jap bikes, but the Monster I have now is the one I chose to keep when things went pear shaped in life. I apologise now for any mistakes, never used a forum before so will need to get use to any protocol used etc. So of now, thanks for a great site, great pics of other Monsters and maybe I'll get chance to chat in person to some of you some day. Cheers.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #135
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Its all good fun on here. Welcome and you have some catching up to do then. 17 years is a long time with a bike.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote