UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » 1100 Evo remap

Old 06-11-2019, 06:04 PM   #16
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
Thanks guys. If I get it on a Dyno I'll post the results here. Not expecting any more power (SC Project end can and standard filter) but I would love to see how the air/fuel ratio is now.

Next mod may be some carbon wheels as I don't want/need more power. Need to figure out if they will make much difference first as I can't seem to find much info on the original wheels.
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:12 PM   #17
Ron1000

Steeevvvooo. I went down the dyno route, 93bhp and 95nm was the end result. The air/fuel ratio was rich, was tidied up too.

Someone on here has carbon wheels so I’m sure they will shed light. From what I’ve heard it’s the single best mod you can make. Too pricey for me, imagine pot hole damage.

Last edited by Ron1000; 06-11-2019 at 06:19 PM..
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:25 PM   #18
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevvvooo View Post
Thanks guys. If I get it on a Dyno I'll post the results here. Not expecting any more power (SC Project end can and standard filter) but I would love to see how the air/fuel ratio is now.

Next mod may be some carbon wheels as I don't want/need more power. Need to figure out if they will make much difference first as I can't seem to find much info on the original wheels.
I'd be interested to see what a Dyno shows, as I've got the same Rexxer map as you.

Utopia's your man for carbon wheels. He's got a pair of Dymags on his 750 and swears by them.

For what it's worth, the standard Evo wheels, (without tyre valves but with front bearings), are:

F: 4.417kg
R: 5.089kg

For comparison, lightweight, forged items, as used on the Hypermotard, are:

F: 3.126kg
R: 3.442kg
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:10 PM   #19
Doggy

Bike: M796
I'm really not sure what to do about the reamp thingy . I've ridden my 796 for two years and a fair few thousand miles, I guess I'm used to it more now .Although when I've ridden my 765 RS which is smooth as butter, the monster does feel particulary lumpy .

I have the Ducati performance ECU fitted with the termi cans, would I be better off trying to get a standard ECU and flashing that and sell the DP one? .

Also am I right in saying you can then remove the servo thing under the seat? Also the immobilser? . I only have one key and no keycard so that would let me get a spare key cut for it .
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:29 AM   #20
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
I'm really not sure what to do about the reamp thingy . I've ridden my 796 for two years and a fair few thousand miles, I guess I'm used to it more now .Although when I've ridden my 765 RS which is smooth as butter, the monster does feel particulary lumpy .

I have the Ducati performance ECU fitted with the termi cans, would I be better off trying to get a standard ECU and flashing that and sell the DP one? .

Also am I right in saying you can then remove the servo thing under the seat? Also the immobilser? . I only have one key and no keycard so that would let me get a spare key cut for it .
The Rexxer reflash will disable the exhaust valve (and then you can fit a 696 link pipe, which doesn't have the valve). Presumably, your DP ECU has already enabled you to do away with the lambdas?

I don't think the Rexxer software can bypass the immobiliser but check with Neil at Cornerspeed - he may still be able to help. If not, contact Avanti (http://www.avantiraceparts.co.uk/page.php) as they seem to be the acknowledged experts on immobilisers.

My experience of the DP ECU is that it was still set on the weak side but then I have got the homologated Termis with cats, which still had the lambdas connected. Perhaps the race ECU is better in that respect. Chris.p has a race system so would be able to tell you how much of a difference there is between the race ECU and the Rexxer reflash.

Whether you reflash the stock or DP ECU depends, I think, on what you intend to do if and when you sell the bike. If you wanted to put it back to standard and sell the Termis separately, then I'd say reflash the DP ECU so you can reinstall the stock one when selling the bike.

If you'd leave the Termis on the bike, (or you're never going to sell it!), then reflash the stock ECU and sell the DP one to recoup some of the cost of the reflash.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:31 AM   #21
chris.p
Gold Member

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy View Post

As what Luddite has written, plus the link below is the original thread I started when I had my 1100Evo which had the Ducat DPi free flow filter, new DP airbox lid (bigger inlets), DP Carbon Termi end cans and DP ECU and a 14th front sprocket fitted before I had the Rexxerr re flash done.
Also nelly at Cornerspeed keeps a copy of your original ECU when he re flashes your ECU.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=50780
chris.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:45 AM   #22
rollo22

When i had my EVO spun up on the Rexxer the fuel air was out a fair bit (Ducati just guess at the correct settings) I have the DP ECU fitted and open carbon Termis.
I think the best way with a DP ECU is a proper remap.
Just need to find a Rexxer dealer close to you.
HYSIDE in Romford appear to be the closest Rexxer point to you Doggy

Last edited by rollo22; 07-11-2019 at 05:48 AM..
rollo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:32 AM   #23
chris.p
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo22 View Post
Just need to find a Rexxer dealer close to you.
HYSIDE in Romford appear to be the closest Rexxer point to you Doggy
Nelly at Cornerspeed does a postal service for Rexxerr re flash’s, a fair few owners on here have used Nelly for postal service.

http://cornerspeed.co.uk/
Old 07-11-2019, 09:37 AM   #24
jonzi
Mary Mary Quite Contrary

I have a 796, I have had the servo removed, but I have a 2 in to 1 titanium system, however I did have the 696 link pipe at one point.

You can remove the whole servo and all of the stuff under the seat, can be useful to store a disk lock in there

I have also had a rexxer remap, all though done on a dyno not via the post

I have found my bike to be much more fun and lively after the remap. it is still a little lumpy low down in the revs, but I tend to ride like a hooligan and be near the red line most of the time

Last time I checked Rexxer couldn't remove the immobiliser, and I phoned around quite a few places to see if any one else could. I want to remove the standard clocks and replace them with something smaller and nicer looking. But everywhere said it wasn't possible.
jonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:17 PM   #25
Doggy

Thanks for all the input and as ever, useful information.
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:46 PM   #26
Starla

796 ReXXer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
The Rexxer reflash will disable the exhaust valve (and then you can fit a 696 link pipe, which doesn't have the valve). Presumably, your DP ECU has already enabled you to do away with the lambdas?

I don't think the Rexxer software can bypass the immobiliser but check with Neil at Cornerspeed - he may still be able to help. If not, contact Avanti (http://www.avantiraceparts.co.uk/page.php) as they seem to be the acknowledged experts on immobilisers.

My experience of the DP ECU is that it was still set on the weak side but then I have got the homologated Termis with cats, which still had the lambdas connected. Perhaps the race ECU is better in that respect. Chris.p has a race system so would be able to tell you how much of a difference there is between the race ECU and the Rexxer reflash.

Whether you reflash the stock or DP ECU depends, I think, on what you intend to do if and when you sell the bike. If you wanted to put it back to standard and sell the Termis separately, then I'd say reflash the DP ECU so you can reinstall the stock one when selling the bike.

If you'd leave the Termis on the bike, (or you're never going to sell it!), then reflash the stock ECU and sell the DP one to recoup some of the cost of the reflash.
Hi Luddite,

Tx for your help as usual. Could you elucidate on "696 link pipe" please ? What it is and where to buy ?

I got my DP ECU back from Cornerspeed (Neil - great) a few days ago, and as today was the 1st day with no rain, went out for a sloppy 60 mile run (I live in the ass-end of nowhere, roads are mud, slime and leaves right now) and it was BETTER, but not great. I'd done the TPS warm up and have 14 t and taken the Lamdas off. I could hold at 30mph in 3rd, but 2nd was still very lumpy. I'm hope the parameters re-adjusting over the next couple of 100 miles does it....... Early days.

I also have the Ohlins linear spring ready to get fitted (per Luddite - Tx). I'm then guessing the front forks will need the Maxxis treatment (per Jonzi), as they feel rubbish too.

It's only money - right ???

Starla X
Starla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:40 AM   #27
chris.p
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
Hi Luddite,

Tx for your help as usual. Could you elucidate on "696 link pipe" please ? What it is and where to buy ?

I got my DP ECU back from Cornerspeed (Neil - great) a few days ago, and as today was the 1st day with no rain, went out for a sloppy 60 mile run (I live in the ass-end of nowhere, roads are mud, slime and leaves right now) and it was BETTER, but not great. I'd done the TPS warm up and have 14 t and taken the Lamdas off. I could hold at 30mph in 3rd, but 2nd was still very lumpy. I'm hope the parameters re-adjusting over the next couple of 100 miles does it....... Early days.

I also have the Ohlins linear spring ready to get fitted (per Luddite - Tx). I'm then guessing the front forks will need the Maxxis treatment (per Jonzi), as they feel rubbish too.

It's only money - right ???

Starla X

Starla, the 696 does not have the exhaust valve so has a clean non valve link pipe.

read the thread I did about front suspension, going down the K-Tech route is cheaper than what I assume you mean Maxton, here is the link to the K-Tech upgrade I did.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ghlight=k-tech
Old 08-11-2019, 08:48 AM   #28
Starla

Thanks Chris. Sorry did mean Maxton - it was late. I'll check out K Tech.

Cheers
Old 08-11-2019, 10:07 AM   #29
Luddite

What Chris said!

This is your centre pipe with the exhaust valve:

While this is the 696 version, which is straight through:

You may well be able to pick one up from a breaker, (pt. no. 57211491A), like this one for about £50 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Mo...3/133223784458

Regarding the reflash, it should smooth out after a couple-of-hundred miles but bear in mind, as I said earlier, the 796 has a lightweight flywheel, which doesn't help low speed running.

As for the forks, you can't go wrong with either K-tech or Maxton. They both really know their stuff and have great customer service. My forks are now a K-tech/Maxton hybrid so I've had experience of both.

Keep us updated on all your mods!
Old 08-11-2019, 10:47 AM   #30
Starla

Thanks Luddite. You always seem to have everything to hand ! I have the parts PDFs and it's proved invaluable many times already. I've ordered blanks, so I can take out the Lambdas. I'll look into the 696 pipe...

Chris, I think the K Tech prices don't include drilling and prepping the forks for the Compression/Rebound adjusters that the 1100 evo has, but the 796 does not. Maxton will do this, but it's obv more expensive.

But that's for the Spring. I'll get the miles in, and the Ohlins rear spring fitted.

BTW: I can recommend this for chain cleaning/luring. Very clever and small: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400KG-Mot...72.m2749.l2649

Starla X