UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Ross' Yellow M750

Old 01-06-2017, 04:04 PM   #76
RossObey01

No words needed...

Old 01-06-2017, 06:00 PM   #77
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Nice, turquoise is the new yellow. By all accounts by some on here that is a very good quality bit of kit and I would agree, you should certainly feel the difference and if you can live with the colour? Although they do black too so I'm told.

I have Ohlins and its so much better than standard but it needs servicing too often as is often the case with them.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:26 PM   #78
RossObey01

I actually quite like the colour, thought it would be nice instead of black. Will see if I still agree when it's fitted! Early start tomorrow to get it on before long weekend in Wales at 11am!
Old 01-06-2017, 08:04 PM   #79
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Woo hoo.. You were the best thing that ever happened to that 750.. Can't wait to see it again. Have fun in Wales.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:35 PM   #80
RossObey01

I'm not sure about that Gazza, it's been in bits longer than it's been on the road!

Early start today to make sure it was ready for my trip to Wales. I'm currently in Bridgewater services waiting for my friend, so I was successful!

I'd prepped the bike on Wednesday so all I had to do was fit the new one and finish up. I took the time to clean out and regrease the bearings in the link arm. No seized rollers so should be good for a little while. Fortunately I found an Abba skylift in the corner of the workshop, which made the job a lot easier.

The skylift is a great bit of kit. Took a little fiddling to get both pins in because the bike was too low, when the skylift is completely lowered the arm lifts slightly at the other end and makes the pins different heights. So a bit of manhandling was in order.

No problems getting the new shock on, chain tension reset and off I went! At least, I would have if it started. Took about an hour of trying, cleaning plugs, charging and jump starting before it eventually fired into life. The battery is shagged but it's not been started in a while either, although it has been on a trickle charger for weeks...

I didn't have time to fiddle with preload and sag, but initial impressions mean it can't be far out.

All loaded and ready to go! I like the blue and yellow.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:41 PM   #81
RossObey01

Forgot to mention, big thanks to Slob for sending me a new footrest hanger bolt after I snapped one on Wednesday! It arrived the next day.

I completely forgot about the nut holding the earth strap behind the footrest, so assuming it was just loctite holding the bolt in I gave it a tug...

Old 02-06-2017, 01:00 PM   #82
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Couldn't figure why the bike has an R reg and yet its a later "facelift" model.
Then the penny dropped .. personal reg (nearly).

I quite liked the blue spring too, even when my bike was orange.
I like it even more now the bike is blue.
It started life yellow actually.

Let me know if you need my preload/sag info.
It should be easy enough to tweek the preload "on the road" anyway, as it only needs a tommy bar for the preload ring-nut.
My suggestion would be to err slightly on the high side initially.
This is partly because I reckon its safer to discover that you have a high speed stability issue (too high at the rear) than a reluctance to turn into faster corners (rear too low).
I made this discovery shortly before changing my underwear !
Also, its easier to reduce preload at the roadside, ie without unloading the rear end, than to increase it.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote