UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Project M900Sie Refresh!

Old 03-04-2015, 09:43 PM   #46
JMH900sie

ive got an integrated light on the way ..... there are brackets for the indicators under the seat though! .... its on the list XD. z
Old 03-04-2015, 09:45 PM   #47
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Ah, yes you'll probably need a separate solution for MOT time

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:47 PM   #48
JMH900sie

i have the facility to chuck some on for mot..... not a problem . have to get em to work as indicators first. im stumped.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:54 PM   #49
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Check numberplate clearance from tyre

I had to angle my plate up a lot to clear it on full compression over bumps - first attempt got smashed

You'll also need a rear reflector as the lack of one is an MOT fail

Last edited by gary tompkins; 04-04-2015 at 04:57 PM..
gary tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 09:04 PM   #50
JMH900sie

Well, I've finally got sick of the electrical gremlins I was having, and decided to do something about it......

So, today, this happened.......

Yep, that's my bike...... And yep, that's my bikes wiring loom on the ramp in front. There were poorly spliced wires, insulation tape, and ****e all over it. Connectors were corroded and in poor condition too! Currently splitting the entire thing, drying it out (it's soaking inside!) and sorting all the previous bodges out. I need to find a new throttle position sensor connector as mine is ruined. If anyone knows what type it is, let me know!

I've also put the injectors in a special sonic cleaner that pulses them in time with the sonic waves, and my God, the crap that came out of them was unreal. The one wasn't even spraying properly. The throttle bodies are a bit dirty too, so they're coming off Monday and are going in the big sonic tank for a few hours.

It's a big step stripping the bike this much myself, but I'm loving every second of it! .

Old 18-04-2015, 07:22 AM   #51
Dirty
Bockloks

Nice garage you've got there!

Old 18-04-2015, 10:16 AM   #52
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
You're doing the right thing....Would have been endless gremlins waiting to strike.!
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 10:37 AM   #53
JMH900sie

Yeah, that's the college bike workshop. They usually don't let first years bring their own stuff in, but me and the tutor seem to hit it off at the start of term and I can pretty much do as I please..... It does help that I'm not a total spanner like some of the others mind XD.

Can't wait to get back in Monday and keep at it..... Just need to find out what type of connector is on the tps now!

Also, there's a tutor that does the evening classes that used to be a master tech for Ducati...... He's doing my valve clearances next week! . It's not what you know, it's who you know!

Old 07-07-2015, 04:26 PM   #54
JMH900sie

Well, I've not updated this in a few months, and I'll do a big update tomorrow. I just wanted to say that well..... This happened today:

. Yes, they're going to be a pain in the ass, and take major work to fit. And yes I need to get them re-anodised at some point. But I got them for a steal, (sub £100) and they're in decent Nick. Found another pair in the same condition for over £700 on eBay!
Old 22-07-2015, 05:06 PM   #55
JMH900sie

Update time! Due to a lovely person on here giving a new shape rear light away, I now have this....

What do you guys think? The blue piece behind will be black in the next few days (left the protect coating on the alu bracket I made)
Old 22-07-2015, 11:59 PM   #56
GWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH900sie View Post

What do you guys think? The blue piece behind will be black in the next few days (left the protect coating on the alu bracket I made)

I think it looks very cool! Have you got it working yet?
Old 23-07-2015, 07:29 AM   #57
JMH900sie

Not yet, I need to go and get a connector and some wire so I can build a new loom for it. That'll get done today !
Old 25-07-2015, 11:08 PM   #58
Dirty
Bockloks

2 wheelie bins, not bad, good start

Old 06-10-2015, 06:39 PM   #59
JMH900sie

Well, this finally happened today and I'm ecstatic!

The ohlins forks are sublime and have completely transformed how the bike performs. The front feels as stable as a rock! She's much comfier too!
Also fitted a new clutch including basket and she revs so much more freely now.

Front fender has been ordered (carbon unit off an rsvr Mille aprillia!) as the standard one wouldn't fit due to different mounts. I've also ordered a set of renthal flat bars for it to get rid of that crazy supermoto stance (even though it looks much better in person!)

Thanks guys!

Joe
Old 10-11-2015, 06:51 PM   #60
JMH900sie

Well, I dynoed the bike today and I'm very pleased with the HP figure,

81.4hp for a 15 year old, well used bike.... Very pleased with this as a starting point.

I've ordered a power commander 3, a k&n and I'm going to have the flywheel lightened just a little...... Well quite a lot actually!

She's also due a major service, so the engines coming out next week for a belt change..... But I'm also going to paint it and sort the valve clearances out at the same time.....

I'd love to see 100hp eventually, but gaining 20% power is going to be a long road I think!