UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » 1993 M900- It begins.....

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 27-06-2015, 10:58 PM   #76
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Location: Carving a slice thru the braindead masses..(pun intended)
Bike: M900
Hi mate, no, leaving the bolts in for now.

Heads away having the valve stem oil seals done and a general checkover. Not much else happened to it as I bought yet another bike- this time a 95 VFR750FS. Always wanted one and it's ideal for my 200 mile commute. Looks damned fine too! Just gave it the 4 step Meguirs treatment and it positively glows! Ok, so the forks are soggy as standard and dive like a mafia backed boxer, and the brakes are sliding twin pots and have as much bite as my dead granny despite a full refurb, but it's great to ride and that 4 four is lovely... Just needs Firestorm forks with revalve and upgraded springs and Firestorm calipers and the standard shock rebuilt and that cures that. A dynojet kit, filter and hi level can relases a nice fat chunk of midrange and a sound like a Yankee V8. Oooh yeah.. and 53mpg even when thrashed over my run giving a nice 250 mile range easily. Came with a nasty fliop screen which I have changed for a standard one as it gives me a nice support at speed to stop my wrists aching and lets me feel a bit of the wind. Also got rid of some noisy turbulance on my lid.

Pics before polishing...

spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2015, 11:25 PM   #77
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkey View Post
Hi mate, no, leaving the bolts in for now.

Heads away having the valve stem oil seals done and a general checkover. Not much else happened to it as I bought yet another bike- this time a 95 VFR750FS. Always wanted one and it's ideal for my 200 mile commute. Looks damned fine too! Just gave it the 4 step Meguirs treatment and it positively glows! Ok, so the forks are soggy as standard and dive like a mafia backed boxer, and the brakes are sliding twin pots and have as much bite as my dead granny despite a full refurb, but it's great to ride and that 4 four is lovely... Just needs Firestorm forks with revalve and upgraded springs and Firestorm calipers and the standard shock rebuilt and that cures that. A dynojet kit, filter and hi level can relases a nice fat chunk of midrange and a sound like a Yankee V8. Oooh yeah.. and 53mpg even when thrashed over my run giving a nice 250 mile range easily. Came with a nasty fliop screen which I have changed for a standard one as it gives me a nice support at speed to stop my wrists aching and lets me feel a bit of the wind. Also got rid of some noisy turbulance on my lid.

Pics before polishing...

Looks very smart and good for comfort and distance. Keep us updated soon.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2015, 11:31 PM   #78
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Has a nice white tacho but borning black everything else, with nasty 80's Ford style green backlighting. Uurgh... just got some red LEDs to convert that and make me feel more at home.
Old 16-07-2015, 01:46 PM   #79
Davy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkey View Post
That's right- Alton it was!

I have a build/inspection ticket that I found in the bike somewhere years back and it is dated 10-03-93 at 14:38 hrs. I'll keep an eye out on bike parts as I strip them. Still suffering 'down below' so nothing happening to the bike yet....
Hi spacemonkey. Can you give us an idea of where this ticket might be stashed
I would love to have look to see if I can find It on mine.
Old 16-07-2015, 09:42 PM   #80
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

IIRC it was one of the breather pods under the airbox. It was definitely somewhere enclosed and quite a suprise when I found it.

In other news, I got the heads back yesterday. I asked for the oil seals to be done but he rebuilt the whole heads and lapped valves etc so quite pleased really. Also got my Indian racing jumper in the post! Just gotta get my Indian now...