UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » 600 dark rebuild.

Old 20-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #31
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Excellent, at this rate the thing'll be running before MotoGP starts tomorrow night.

I particularly like the shopping basket on the front
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #32
clankie

Well the shopping basket is an official Ducati part every workshop should have one .
Old 20-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #33
Pomp1

Clankie the colour combo is very cool. Are you going for a reverse shift pattern? actuator should be at 5.25 position.

Last edited by Pomp1; 20-04-2013 at 08:56 PM..
Old 20-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #34
clankie

Well I think it should look good when its done . It's is my spin on the dark concept . I have reset the shifter back to standard pattern since taking the photo . I keep setting my road bikes up to reverse pattern by mistake I have spent to long playing with race bikes .
Old 24-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #35
clankie

well today has been wheel day both wheels built up with new bearings ,tyres ,new valves and new sprocket .and a bit off swearing fiting the tyres.

also picked up the parts i had on order to rebuild the forks and a few other parts aswell.

Old 24-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #36
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Looking really good

Assume you are going for an alternative pipe layout due to rear sets having no can mounting?
Old 25-04-2013, 06:11 AM   #37
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Hi level pipes on first post ;-)
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #38
clankie

Well she came with high level termignoni and they are in good nick the carbon just needs a recoat with some lacquer .and they sound great
Old 25-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #39
pegboy

You can buy new carbon sleeves for the cans. One company is call PJ Engineering
Old 25-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #40
He11cat

You know you know have to buy the Essex one and do that up don't you

Crikey you done well and shifted some. Lucky little bike
Old 25-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #41
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
[QUOTE=clankie;452946]well today has been wheel day both wheels built up with new bearings ,tyres ,new valves and new sprocket .and a bit off swearing fiting the tyres.

Is that one of the hard anodised Renthal sprockets on the back wheel ?
I was shown one of these that was due to go on a MX bike and was amazed at the weight reduction over the steel one......a mod well woprth doing in my opinion.
Also, that's a different front disc to the one in your first pic ....the rotor has holes rather than spokes.
I expect there are other reasons for fitting it, but it does also match the rear sprocket rather nicely, as they both have holes.

Amazing speed on this job....I'm impressed....and it somewhat puts my snails pace restoration work to shame.
I have a Norton Commando thats been a project since 1978 !!!!!

Rearsets look good.
I'm assuming that they will accept pillion brackets too, possibly with the hi-level cans too, which is not a commonly available situation.
Can you post pics of both sides once the bike is finished.
I find that rearsets with std bars (well, Renthal ultra lows actually, but they're almost std pattern) gives a pretty good all round, slightly sporty riding position which suits my 6ft plus frame.
Mine are Rizomas, but I had to tweek them to suit the hi-level cans.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #42
clankie

Hi all, well Hellcat dont be putting ideas in my head about buying that monster i dont have enough room i already have six bikes .well back to my project ,well Utopia yes it is a renthal aluminum sprocket they are really good and are light as a feather .the rearsets will take pillon hangers i just havent bought them yet Desmo Performance Parts dont worry i will post pics of the finshed bike from a few angles so you get a good veiw of it . the brake disc is a later monster one and i will be running two of them .
so todays job has ben making some 316 stainless steel chain markers as the old ones were really rusted .

Old 26-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #43
Pomp1

What can I say, moving really quickly and you obviously have the knowledge. Good stuff.
Old 26-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #44
clankie

Thanks max for the nice words . Well I'm pretty good at doing things with my hands but not much of a academic but I can weld and run a milling machine and a lathe so I can make or repair most things .large diesel are my speciality mainly marine engines.
Old 27-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #45
Wildfire

Looks great! I wish I had the space and time to get my project going as fast and as well as yours! Lovely work!