UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Back in Business - My New S4RS!

Old 28-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #16
mack541

hi guys

i too am a new member of the RS group and here's my new toy,
but ive got a question my Rs is fitted with a stubbie Termi will the link pipes fit the silencer and if so where do i get them from.

cheers all
neil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S4RS.jpg (24.7 KB, 102 views)
Old 28-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #17
Capo
You Are What You Is

Bike: S4r
As stated, the cans are eu3 compliant with the db killers fitted. Removed they are straight thru same as 'race cans'. I've had both variants stripped and apart from the db killers there is no difference.
Capo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #18
mintyhit

Neil: Lovely bike... I think I saw that one for sale a couple of months ago, did you get it from a dealer?

I've been speaking to Joe at spareshack regarding link-pipes, he seems to know what is available. Might be worth dropping him a PM (username: spareshackltd).

I think I am going to go for a set of Spark link pipes to match to my Termi slip ons. It would be nice if I can find a map for this setup and just flash the ECU myself but it appears there is a bit of a monopoly on the software needed and it is not really publicly available without spending thousands. I think I may just have to shell-out for a full mapping session *gulp*.
Old 29-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #19
buzzbomb
Gold Member

Bike: M1100s
Spark link pipes (de-cat) are the ones to buy.

I've fitted three different makes of de-cat pipes and Spark are top's for quality and fit...
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #20
mintyhit

Buzzbomb: Are you using Spark headers with their own cans or with termi's - did you have them setup professionally? Any pics?

Sorry for the barrage of questions.
Old 29-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #21
DESMO16

Hi All,

Ive got a S4Rs and have fitted it with Termi cans and spark de-cat pipe.
The Termis were supplied new with performance Airbox and DP ECU.
I had it all fitted and set up proffesionally and we achieved just under 130bhp at the wheel.
I run her with no DB killers and it sounds lovely but most of the increased sound track came from the cat removal.

Big thumbs up for Joe at Spareshack and the great quality of the Spark pipe!

Quick photo of finished job
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Summer Hols 2012 071.jpg (32.1 KB, 110 views)
Old 03-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #22
Altaian

Awesome bike Mintyhit, picture really doesn't do the S4RS justice after seeing her in the flesh. Shame you had to get a replacement though. Hope the ownership gives you as much if not more pleasure.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #23
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Looks very smart indeed Desmo.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #24
Lochy

Very nice bikes here, the family is growing.....

regards the mods......when you do full exhaust system, also open the airbox (cut the top off) - the noise is addictive

regards the ECU - if you have full system as Zard, Arrow or Termi, you can use some shops with REXXER as they have correct map for these systems and cost is just under £200, if you have mix system (some slipons+link pipes) I would go for custom map.
Old 14-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #25
mintyhit

Ha, yeah the Termi slip-on kit come with the “Ducati Performance Air Box”… basically a standard air box that looks like it has been rather clumsily attacked with a hacksaw!

Do you have a picture of yours then Lochy? I’ll keep an eye out for you in London.
Old 14-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #26
Lochy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyhit View Post
Ha, yeah the Termi slip-on kit come with the “Ducati Performance Air Box”… basically a standard air box that looks like it has been rather clumsily attacked with a hacksaw!

Do you have a picture of yours then Lochy? I’ll keep an eye out for you in London.
yes its how looks my DP airbox too....

here are few pictures.....

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=43416
Old 14-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #27
Capo
You Are What You Is

Bike: S4r
Capo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #28
mintyhit

Well, it's been over a month now and I am still totally smitten with my bike... one thing this is winding me up a bit though is:

22mpg!

Not that I am that worried about this sort of thing but I got 51 miles from full tank to light on (10.5lt) this week with only city riding… last week I got 56... my car, that is 7 times the weight and almost twice the power will get more than this no matter how hard I drive it. Oh well, I am all booked into CJS to get the bike setup properly week after next so hopefully something can be done... it must be a mapping issue... unless I have a petrol leak somewhere!

Oh, can anyone with the full termi system drop me a PM? I need a small favor!

Cheers!
James
Old 21-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #29
Scott1

Interesting one James, I'm a bit perplexed as the GT1000 seems to be a lot better on petrol than the old 696, I'm geting about an extra 20 miles! 22 mpg, how does this compare to the old S4?

Last edited by Scott1; 21-09-2012 at 10:26 AM..
Old 21-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #30
mintyhit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott1 View Post
Interesting one James, I'm a bit perplexed as the GT1000 seems to be a lot better on petrol than the old 696, I'm geting about an extra 20 miles! 22 mpg, how does the compare to the old S4?

Well my S4 had a broken low fuel sender so I learned (sometimes the hard way) to reset the mileage at every fill up.

For the exact same riding (my London commute) I would always fill up at around the 90 mile mark and manage to get about 13lt in so that about 32mpg on average or 45% more economical that then RS.

The RS is 27% more powerful though than my S4 though so perhaps it isn't that bad.