UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » M750 project

Old 25-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #61
Lima071

Get it going. Looks great.
Old 26-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #62
Sam69

Need some adviceJ

Just been fitting some fuel line junked the diaphragm tap in place of a ball valve but keeping the diaphragm pump (which I will eventually junk when I find a decent small electrical one to take its place out of sight) I also have the std CV carbs. Can someone tell me what the two 6mm pipes are on the bottom of the tank see pic, are they breathers or for a return if a return where from? I can see breathers on the carbs but nothing else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1883.jpg (28.7 KB, 76 views)
Old 26-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #63
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
I think those two pipes are a breather and a drain, both from the fuel cap.

re. pump and tap....
1) with a manual tap, could the diaphragm pump be damaged if you start up without remembering to switch the fuel on...?
2) Some monsters had an internal electric fuel pump (not the round one in the base of plastic tanks, but one fitted through the filler neck and secured with clips inside). See Dukedesmo's project thread for details.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #64
Sam69

Not sure about damaging the pump. found old pipes in the box that fitted and suggested what you have confirmed but had some braded tube that I used instead.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1885.jpg (29.1 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1886.jpg (31.5 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1889.jpg (29.1 KB, 60 views)
Old 28-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #65
Sam69

I thought my seat looked a bit old against the newly painted tank and frame so dropped it off the be recovered yesterday and my wife picked it up on her way home this evening. Now thats service!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1894.jpg (30.6 KB, 77 views)
Old 28-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #66
Lima071

Who recovered it?
Old 29-02-2012, 02:56 AM   #67
Sam69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima071 View Post
Who recovered it?
David Hanan
Unit 24
Newhailes Road
Musselburgh
EH21 6RU

0131 665 0900
Old 29-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #68
Nottsbiker

Seat looks like a tidy job - what did that cost you if you dont mind me asking?

Also the braided hoses look a lot better than having dull old rubber pipes hanging down.
Old 29-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #69
Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam69 View Post
I thought my seat looked a bit old against the newly painted tank and frame so dropped it off the be recovered yesterday and my wife picked it up on her way home this evening. Now thats service!
That looks incredible!

Off to phone David now!

Z.
Old 29-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #70
Sam69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nottsbiker View Post
Seat looks like a tidy job - what did that cost you if you dont mind me asking?

Also the braided hoses look a lot better than having dull old rubber pipes hanging down.
Not a lot more than a standard seat cover loose, that was fitted and custom made worth the money in my opinion.
Old 29-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #71
Zak

Spoke with David re: Seat cover, great guy, really knew his stuff, very friendly, my seat is being sent up next week for recovering and back a few days later, price is incredible.

Thanks for this supplier, great heads up, shame we dont have a supplier listing page on here, makes me wonder what other great suppliers Ive missed.

Z.
Old 29-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #72
Sam69

You are welcome! he does like a bit of a bleather. Spoke to him this morning he has offered to do same day if anyone is traveling subject to booking in, can't get any better than that.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #73
Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam69 View Post
You are welcome! he does like a bit of a bleather. Spoke to him this morning he has offered to do same day if anyone is traveling subject to booking in, can't get any better than that.
Sent my seat off to him on Friday, after seeing the incredible job he did with yours I'm like a school kid waiting to see the end result!

Thanks again for the pointer!

Z.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:59 AM   #74
Sam69

Finally finished my exhausts off late Friday night, one had been sitting 10mm lower than the other I thought just cut the last bend twist around a wee bit then weld up, was it feck ended up cutting the whole l/h side up and starting again 7hrs later finally happy with it.

Saturday afternoon took it off the bench put in some fuel and tried to start it up no joy! must have been an airlock in the fuel line from the tank to the diaphragm pump so used an airline and forced the fuel through it worked first stab of the button and my daughter ran for cover feck it is loud.

Sunday, Have made small carbon caps for the end of the exhaust which calms it down to a sam acceptable level.Fitted the belly pan and a set of bar end mirrors. Still have brakes and clutch to bleed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1901.jpg (31.4 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1899.jpg (31.4 KB, 53 views)
Old 05-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #75
Zak

Looks incredible, cans look immense.

What rubber are you running on?

Z.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: