UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » M750 project

Old 14-12-2011, 06:54 AM   #31
Sam69

The cone will have a 3" outlet with 100mm of carbon tube on the end, a 3" perforated baffle and wadding hopefully this will take the sting out of it.I don't live in a built up area so not too concerned about noise as long as it is not too offensive. Still considering using two but will see what it all looks like then decide what route to take.
Old 14-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #32
Lima071

I have been looking at altering the air intake on my streetfighter 900ssie project, and have found that you need to look at the system as a whole.
I like the long single cone, and you could balance the power distribution by reconfiguring the air intakes.
The 'washer' I talked about is a plate valve, and would help retain back pressure on the rear cylinder which is lost due to a lack of length, however I have then found out about intake length.
All of this might be common knowledge, but as my 900 is my first project, your build is of great interest and value to me.
Keep going mate.
Old 16-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #33
Sam69

Formed a 12" long cone today, I think that looks a lot better than the first one will probably go for one either side now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1639.jpg (33.4 KB, 391 views)
Old 16-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #34
Mand

Ah its beginning to look like a motorbike now, lovely.
Old 16-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #35
Panther

Yer the exhaust is look alot better IMO Keep up the good work

p
Old 16-12-2011, 08:39 PM   #36
Mark Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam69 View Post
Formed a 12" long cone today, I think that looks a lot better than the first one will probably go for one either side now.
Lovin the shorter reverse-cone pipe, reminds me of a pair of 'Anglo-bike' meggas I had on a 750 Tiger a LONG time ago - they used to sound fantastic, any chance you could nock me a pair up? if so how much?
Old 17-12-2011, 03:53 AM   #37
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Yep, much better.
Looks like its neater at the thin end too...bit more ground clearance.
Two cans is probably the safer option (he said, tauntingly..... ).
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #38
Sam69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Taylor View Post
Lovin the shorter reverse-cone pipe, reminds me of a pair of 'Anglo-bike' meggas I had on a 750 Tiger a LONG time ago - they used to sound fantastic, any chance you could nock me a pair up? if so how much?
I will see how this works out first! Sure it was Gold and Wassel that made the short reverse cones with alloy ends that I had on my BSA and Triumph. There is a guy on fleabay selling new shortie cones for not a lot of money baffled or without. I was going to use a short length of carbon and perforated tube on the end but will see how it looks first before I set it in stainless.I may pack the cone before welding on the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Yep, much better.
Looks like its neater at the thin end too...bit more ground clearance.
Two cans is probably the safer option (he said, tauntingly..... ).
Only for top end power! Which I am not too fussy about with living out in the country and lots of twisty roads.
Old 20-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #39
GT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Taylor View Post
Hi Anglo-bike Meggas that is a name I haven't heard for many a year! Had a pair on a custom 750 Bonnie about 25 yrs ago (ouch!) They sounded gorgeous! Your system is looking great
Old 30-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #40
Sam69

Finally got my tank and seat cowl back today, the painter had a wee mishap and had to repaint the tank but alls well now. Exhaust to finish and fill it up with oil oh better finish the fuel lines as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1684.jpg (33.2 KB, 103 views)
Old 31-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #41
Lima071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam69 View Post
Finally got my tank and seat cowl back today, the painter had a wee mishap and had to repaint the tank but alls well now. Exhaust to finish and fill it up with oil oh better finish the fuel lines as well.
looking good
Old 07-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #42
Sam69

Made a couple of hangers for the exhausts between christmas and new year hope to get a couple of days free next week and finish the pipes off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1714.jpg (31.8 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1713.jpg (33.4 KB, 110 views)
Old 07-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #43
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Those cans look really good

If they end up sounding as good as these it will be awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWXKUpNN4-0
Old 16-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #44
Duc600mon

loving the look of the exhaust!
Old 16-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #45
Nottsbiker

Looking great so far mate - giving me lots of ideas for my rebuild.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: