UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » In the beginning.....

Old 16-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
analogue_rogue

In the beginning.....

There was frame... Frame was the beginning of my friend "monster"....

This actually started out as engine cases respray and rapidly turned into cosmetic overhaul.

Old 16-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #2
Bodybag

Haha, another one bites the dust. We're all guilty of getting carried away with a quick refurb and ending up with a full rebuild!! lol It's all too easy to do with a bike. The further you dig, the more you find to change. Keep us updated with your rebuild.
Old 16-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #3
Pomp1

Nice! did you get an exact colour match? we've all been down that slippery slope, some more so than others but at one point or another..don't forget to do your earthing point now or they can be a PITA later..
Old 16-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
analogue_rogue

its an exact colour match.. and i had the hoop done on the swing arm.. and then the swing arm looked minging.... so its offf to be powder coated in the morning... (70 quid for frame and hoop and 25 quid for swing arm.. )

yes i have tapped out all the threads and im going to stanley knife the powder coat off of the surface for the earth point... well... maybe ill see how good the earth contact is first maybe... this one has two earth points.. one fopr the engine and one for the battery...any advice is welcome...
Old 16-03-2011, 05:24 PM   #5
Pomp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogue_rogue View Post
its an exact colour match.. and i had the hoop done on the swing arm.. and then the swing arm looked minging.... so its offf to be powder coated in the morning... (70 quid for frame and hoop and 25 quid for swing arm.. )

yes i have tapped out all the threads and im going to stanley knife the powder coat off of the surface for the earth point... well... maybe ill see how good the earth contact is first maybe... this one has two earth points.. one fopr the engine and one for the battery...any advice is welcome...
that's a cheap price.not sure on powdercoating the swingarm, metal does look nice. Re earthing you should have a 3rd one underneath the rec/reg (or at least mine has)
From now on that colour shall be known as "banana yellow"
Old 16-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #6
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomp1 View Post
..... Re earthing you should have a 3rd one underneath the rec/reg (or at least mine has)......
....mine doesn't. The earth on mine connects through one of the multi-connectors from the reg/rec to the battery earth point, I believe.
Could be different if you have one of the earlier, single phase (two yellow wires) alternators rather than the later, 3-phase alternators (three yellow wires). My Y2K 750 has the later type.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
analogue_rogue

I tapped out all the threads anyway so I should be ok?
Old 16-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #8
JaKS

Question

Is that someones backside bottom left?
Old 16-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #9
analogue_rogue

No. My daughters high chair.
Old 16-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #10
analogue_rogue

Some more pics of various parts... all self painted so excuse that its not professional standard!!!

Old 17-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #11
analogue_rogue

So the swing arm is in today already.. (yes it was in by 0820!!!) im assured it will be done today or tomorrow... Then more pics....
Old 17-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #12
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Looking good - should be some nice rebuilds circulating this summer
Old 17-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #13
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogue_rogue View Post
Some more pics of various parts... all self painted so excuse that its not professional standard!!!

May I ask what paint you used for the black on your barrel. My barrrel on my moped project needs doing. I thought hammerite smooth may not hold up on fins. I used it ok on the s4 project but that had no fins and was also watercooled.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #14
analogue_rogue

Simonez enamel Matt black. It's good to 330 degrees c.
Old 17-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #15
analogue_rogue

mmmmmmm matt black powder coated swing arm.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: