UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » revived my monster finally

Old 12-04-2010, 01:25 PM   #16
He11cat

I looked at a baby blade a while ago and stupidly got a kwack.
I like the older blades with beam frame and when its fairing free and exposed.
Someone's got to have an R1 I guess... yawn yawn... bit dull in the looks department.
I am quite happy with my noisy little monster as I am sadly no speed freak and I like carbed bikes.
Also no watercooled faffery!
Good that you saw its potential and rescued it
Old 12-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #17
Pomp1

nice, so you went for the standard colors in the end..re the screws, use a blowtorch and get yourself one of this, drill a hole with the drill bit, put the extractor bit on a electric screwdriver on a low torque, and whet the extractor bites, increase the torque a bit at the time, it should come out.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #18
analogue_rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomp1 View Post
nice, so you went for the standard colors in the end..re the screws, use a blowtorch and get yourself one of this, drill a hole with the drill bit, put the extractor bit on a electric screwdriver on a low torque, and whet the extractor bites, increase the torque a bit at the time, it should come out.
oh the old stud extractor.. lol.. these are well and truly welded in .. i promise, over all the years i worked on cars and bieks i have never seen a bolt as welded in as this lol.. i dont wanna risk it. but i was looking online and i can get a set of vipers for the biek for 220......... what ya reckon?
Old 12-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #19
He11cat

I run stainless vipers on my other bike little stubbies and they sound really nice and still look good after 3 years outside!
I would give Vipers a thumbs up not expensive but a nice can for the money.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #20
analogue_rogue

i dont want stubbies..
Old 12-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #21
He11cat

Mine wasn't stubby .. it had a fight with some cutting equipment! was fine before it was hacked!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #22
J_Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogue_rogue View Post
are they?i cant get the outer cover down far enough to get to them..... maybe i can track down some standard ones and do it to them and keep these spare?
You don't need to take the sleeves off to core the cans, (unless you want to shorten them too).
Old 12-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #23
Bodybag

Speak to Mark Hill of MHP. He manufactures anything from end cans to complete systems for any application. try him here at www.200mhp.com or ring them on 01462 894 012. They're in Baldock near St.Albans if thats any help to you?
Old 13-04-2010, 05:45 AM   #24
analogue_rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Dub View Post
You don't need to take the sleeves off to core the cans, (unless you want to shorten them too).
oooooh tell meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how!!!!
Old 13-04-2010, 05:46 AM   #25
analogue_rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybag View Post
Speak to Mark Hill of MHP. He manufactures anything from end cans to complete systems for any application. try him here at www.200mhp.com or ring them on 01462 894 012. They're in Baldock near St.Albans if thats any help to you?
yeah thats looking good st albans is fairly near me!